New (to me) 2009

Notenoughtoys

Registered
Hi guys - just north of Toronto Canada and finally with 1 in University, 1 in College and 1 still in high school I was able to do some spending on me and pulled the trigger on a 2009 silver Busa.
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (freezing rain still this morning and now saving for insurance), so I've been educating myself as much as possible on your great forum !!
Mostly stock with the double Two Brothers exhaust (factory header) and some minor nicely done additions. I have yet to install my adjustable rear dogbones (SAE Outlaw) and the front riser (TrickBitz) has not arrived yet as I got rooked on the original Genmar order (as they appear to have gone 'belly up' ??)
IMG_1252.JPG

I suspect I certainly won't be needing any additional power, but wondering if it was worth doing any additional mods (PAIR valve / block off plates etc. ?) in hope of making it more rideable and reducing some of the restrictive Government BS regarding emissions detuning etc.
Again - thanks in advance for all the very knowledgeable members and I look forward to giving you all a nod on the road one day !!

Hi guys - just north of Toronto Canada and finally with 1 in University, 1 in College and 1 still in high school I was able to do some spending on me and pulled the trigger on a 2009 silver Busa.
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (freezing rain still this morning and now saving for insurance), so I've been educating myself as much as possible on your great forum !!
Mostly stock with the double Two Brothers exhaust (factory header) and some minor nicely done additions. I have yet to install my adjustable rear dogbones (SAE Outlaw) and the front riser (TrickBitz) has not arrived yet as I got rooked on the original Genmar order (as they appear to have gone 'belly up' ??) View attachment 1597535
I suspect I certainly won't be needing any additional power, but wondering if it was worth doing any additional mods (PAIR valve / block off plates etc. ?) in hope of making it more rideable and reducing some of the restrictive Government BS regarding emissions detuning etc.
Again - thanks in advance for all the very knowledgeable members and I look forward to giving you all a nod on the road one day !!

Welcome to the family from Canada BC!
Very nice bike! To answer your question. Get your ECU flashed. Makes a massive difference in terms of riding especially in lower RPMs. We have some sponsors here on the page who can help you with that.
I just had my ECU shipped to powerhouse motorcycles in new york to frank. (he is a very nice guy - ask him if you have questions).
Looking forward to have interesting conversations here with you!

Mostly stock with the double Two Brothers exhaust (factory header) and some minor nicely done additions. I have yet to install my adjustable rear dogbones (SAE Outlaw) and the front riser (TrickBitz) has not arrived yet as I got rooked on the original Genmar order (as they appear to have gone 'belly up' ??) View attachment 1597535

It is also important to adjust your suspensions according to your weight.
You will see a big difference in handling!

Wonderful color for your busa, excellent choice. (the mabupa I believe will totally agree!) :)
Welcome to the org and often publish photos of your busa.

Hi there mate , looking at that beauty , guess you might now be feeling okay with that long suffering dry spell of 'no toys' for the head of the family !! Plenty of stuff to do to prepare your new ride and keep you occupied for the ride weather to arrive , perhaps the kickstand mod , and of course everything else mentioned by the lads . Be sure to keep us posted on how things are going with you and your freedom machine , welcome to the org. !!

Welcome from the land of the long white cloud, New Zealand aka Aotearoa!
Any technical questions are always welcome, there are many of us well versed in Busatronics and Busachanics . . . in other words . . there ain't nuthin' we can't fix lol!
Oh, and enter your bike in 'Showcase' have a look if you naven't already, a lot of proud owners showing off their beautiful steeds.

Welcome and enjoy the forum! Nice looking 09.
I was going to get Genmar too but like you said they went belly up. I ended up going with 1 inch Soupy's risers.

Wow blown away by the excellent positive responses !!! Thank you for all the advice and compliments - I certainly have a way to go before I can add any value to this forum and definitely envy some of the beautiful members bikes I've seen over the last couple weeks of surfing :)
Just fired off an email to Frank on the remap already (hasn't responded yet) so hopefully I can sneak this 'upgrade' in before riding season starts. Also read a really good discussion on suspension tuning - can't say I have any current riding experience with this big bike yet so I'll get to learn it, figure out the 'baseline' then start to tweak changes from there I hope ! Been a long time since I've ridden and my last ride was a 72 H2 Kawi - so this is going to be like night and day..........
Intact Insurance hasn't been the fastest in responding yet (been over a week) so if anyone has a good recommendation please let me know.
And thanks again everyone for making me feel like I have found a good bike and a great home here !

Wow blown away by the excellent positive responses !!! Thank you for all the advice and compliments - I certainly have a way to go before I can add any value to this forum and definitely envy some of the beautiful members bikes I've seen over the last couple weeks of surfing :)
Just fired off an email to Frank on the remap already (hasn't responded yet) so hopefully I can sneak this 'upgrade' in before riding season starts. Also read a really good discussion on suspension tuning - can't say I have any current riding experience with this big bike yet so I'll get to learn it, figure out the 'baseline' then start to tweak changes from there I hope ! Been a long time since I've ridden and my last ride was a 72 H2 Kawi - so this is going to be like night and day..........
Intact Insurance hasn't been the fastest in responding yet (been over a week) so if anyone has a good recommendation please let me know.
And thanks again everyone for making me feel like I have found a good bike and a great home here !
Welcome and have some fun getting to know the new bike. Any changes can only be appreciated if you understand what the bird is & is not in stock form. If you rode the older Kawi H2 then this bike may not feel so big or heavy when you ride it. Just the advancements in frames & tire tech alone are light years ahead but don't get to carried away till you get the feel of it.

Thank you guys ! Insurance issues were killing me all week - 11 inquiries - all declined as insurance companies in Ontario (well all the popular motorcycle ones anyway) classify the Busa as a 'restricted' bike. My previous 20 years of no tickets / no claims on my car insurance meant nothing. Only one agency would look at a 'carriage' (?) policy and this was coming in around $5k annual. BIG hats off to fellow member Tetsuo1000 who was able to recommend a group that could help me and brought my cost back down to earth. First ride is scheduled for May 1'st and I will have to take our main toll highway in town to bring this bad boy home. Can't wait !!!

Back