New (to me) 2009

It is also important to adjust your suspensions according to your weight.
You will see a big difference in handling!

Wonderful color for your busa, excellent choice. (the mabupa I believe will totally agree!) :)
Welcome to the org and often publish photos of your busa.
I agree. Lol!

061F35EC-CF03-4F32-9FCF-EC0E67CB03E1.jpeg

Wow blown away by the excellent positive responses !!! Thank you for all the advice and compliments - I certainly have a way to go before I can add any value to this forum and definitely envy some of the beautiful members bikes I've seen over the last couple weeks of surfing :)
Just fired off an email to Frank on the remap already (hasn't responded yet) so hopefully I can sneak this 'upgrade' in before riding season starts. Also read a really good discussion on suspension tuning - can't say I have any current riding experience with this big bike yet so I'll get to learn it, figure out the 'baseline' then start to tweak changes from there I hope ! Been a long time since I've ridden and my last ride was a 72 H2 Kawi - so this is going to be like night and day..........
Intact Insurance hasn't been the fastest in responding yet (been over a week) so if anyone has a good recommendation please let me know.
And thanks again everyone for making me feel like I have found a good bike and a great home here !
Welcome to the forum sir. Glad you decided to treat yourself to a busa! You have all the info you might need right at your finger tips. The search bar on this forum will provide about every answer you might need.

Wow lots of nice silver toys out there !!!! I love the little finesse details i can spot in the previous 2 posts like the shift lever boot and the way those stripes carry over from the fairing to the tank cover. I'm a little broke right now but I'm definitely in good company

View attachment 1597746[/QUOTE]

Hi Mabupa - can you let me know how you got those neat stripes on the body part between the side fairing and the tank ? My bike came with carbon fibre panels in this place and the stripes just tie everything together perfectly. Did your bike come like this from the factory ?

Damn another thing I've now added to the wish list........... Do I have to take the bike in or just mark & send the inserts and spec the year & colour ?

Damn another thing I've now added to the wish list........... Do I have to take the bike in or just mark & send the inserts and spec the year & colour ?

No need to mark anything. Just send the panels in and let William know the model year and color. The number on his website is his cell. I texted him a picture of my bike so there was no confusion. His communication is really good. No payment until he’s painted the panels. Then you PayPal funds and he ships them out after the paint cures a few days.

No need to mark anything. Just send the panels in and let William know the model year and color. The number on his website is his cell. I texted him a picture of my bike so there was no confusion. His communication is really good. No payment until he’s painted the panels. Then you PayPal funds and he ships them out after the paint cures a few days.
As you can see, they're well worth the money, and set the bike off perfectly. If I had a street bike I would have these.

Insurance FINALLY kicked in last night (had to swap another vehicle into the policy to "make it work") but all is well. Came in just over $1600 Cdn per year with no tickets / claims etc in over 20 years.....
First run to get the bike home and it is VERY fun to ride - C mode lasted about 15 minutes and then I had to try A. 'Weird' is the only word I can think of to describe it but I'm sure as you all know, this bike just loves to move - it's almost a full time job just watching the speedo and making sure it doesn't run 20 or 30 over the limit !
The highway by work here is concrete with the 'rain cuts' in it - constantly seems like it's pulling the bike in any direction so I think I'll avoid this for a while.
Long way to go until I'm able to keep up with any of you guys but considering it's my first ride in 34 years it's great to be back in the saddle again !!

Hi guys - just north of Toronto Canada and finally with 1 in University, 1 in College and 1 still in high school I was able to do some spending on me and pulled the trigger on a 2009 silver Busa.
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet (freezing rain still this morning and now saving for insurance), so I've been educating myself as much as possible on your great forum !!
Mostly stock with the double Two Brothers exhaust (factory header) and some minor nicely done additions. I have yet to install my adjustable rear dogbones (SAE Outlaw) and the front riser (TrickBitz) has not arrived yet as I got rooked on the original Genmar order (as they appear to have gone 'belly up' ??) View attachment 1597535
I suspect I certainly won't be needing any additional power, but wondering if it was worth doing any additional mods (PAIR valve / block off plates etc. ?) in hope of making it more rideable and reducing some of the restrictive Government BS regarding emissions detuning etc.
Again - thanks in advance for all the very knowledgeable members and I look forward to giving you all a nod on the road one day !!
Welcome you have accepted the force of The Busa you will get the world of information about your newly acquired machine these gents know everything about this bike

Back