New to Me 2005 Hayabusa

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
bike.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike4.jpg

New to me, picking this gem up in texas next weekend looks like. 2005 slip ons, little chrome , 12k miles, undertail of some sort, and some mich pilots.

Last edited:
Its going to need some of my love i will be tending to the paint immediately. I think i am going to wrap its soem sort of flat pearl blue. Then of course rims:) be waiting for @POWERHOUSE to have another rim sale .......Think i need a set of gold anodized rims for this once complete.

Good to see you have a Busa again!

Have you thought about plasti dipping it? Plasti dip looks better than a wrap and can be peeled off like one when you want to change the color again.

Saw this one on eBay and Craigslist. Looks like you got a good score.

Nice bike!
Personally, I would establish a baseline for the fluids and regular maintenance. Change oil and coolant so that way you know it was done and hopefully done right.

Have you thought about plasti dipping it? Plasti dip looks better than a wrap and can be peeled off like one when you want to change the color again.

Lol, there’s no way that plastidip will look better than a wrap in any world. Up close, you can see the imperfections and texture of the dip. There’s a reason why the wrap costs a lot more. Also, wraps can be peeled too

Agreed paint scheme is not my style either. Number 1 priority wehn i get it. Fluid change is of course going to happen immediately as this is something i always do when i purchase. Tires will remain for the rest of this season and be replaced this winter. Hope rims, exhaust, and of course ecu unleash. Ultimately, this will be a turbo bike which will visit Frank. Thats a bucket list item for me i will accomplish. will be doing a 240 kit with very little stretch. Couple inches max. Im not into huge stretches. Putting the 240 on it to help with bite when i do turbo.

Great to see you posting! I have entertained the dip path as well. I just really like a specific color of wrap :)

Oh sorry my friend! I am picking it up from a guy who lives in Katy. We are meeting in Norman OK

wish i had the time to drive all the way down there. i unfortunately dont. would love to say hi lol.

Reactions: c10
Lol, there’s no way that plastidip will look better than a wrap in any world. Up close, you can see the imperfections and texture of the dip. There’s a reason why the wrap costs a lot more. Also, wraps can be peeled too
Properly done plasti dip looks very good. If you are seeing imperfections it is because it wasn't applied properly, The wheels I did with a base coat and a glossifier, on my wife's car were indistinguishable from painted wheels until you touched them and realised they felt rubbery.

Back