New To Me 2004 NY4

Akunin

Registered
Hello from the Black Hills!

My second Busa. I'm a long time Org lurker and generally an all around ok guy.

I bought this bike back in June with barely 600 miles on it

20150808_195459_resized.jpg

20150711_194843_resized.jpg

Everything on it was stock but got a few extra goodies in mind for it. My last bike I went light and quick but this was a 40th bday present to myself and I wanted something for that 4th decade that I would want to ride some distance on.

As she sits in the garage right now its shy of 4500 miles and after a few near misses this year I decided to put the ol sound bomb horn in this bike as well. With all the gawking cagers and suicidal wildlife around here that horn does wonders for waking up those that doze behind the wheel.

So far I installed:
a TRE, x2 powerlet outlets, a Denali Sound Bomb horn and in the process of installing some Woodcraft frame sliders.

Future additions include but not limited to:
A PDM60 to simplify and clean up the install of future gadgets
an alarm
and replacing the right panel from the tip over she got from the asshat at Menards that backed into her. GGGrrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking bike! If I have not already said so, welcome to the oRg!

thanks guys.

I don't have too many plans for it really, I'd like to keep it low miles and at least keep all the stock parts for who knows down the road. If 2016 does indeed let loose a gen 3 then that would be my extreme miles bike.

Beautiful 1st gen sir . If I remember right 2016 busa is just like all Gen 2 's no changes . Think it will be 2017 before we see a change if any

Ready for 16'!

PDM60 installed, currently only have my Garmin Montana GPS hooked up to it but looking at getting some additional lighting.
Powerlet outlet installed. Didn't wire into the PDM and straight to battery to use for keeping the battery charged or a passenger needs to plug in their cell to charge.
Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Tires.. holy cow what a grip!

Great to see someone so excited about their scoot!

Great to see someone so excited about their scoot!

Oh yes! Despite working 6 days a week and not being able to spend the summer as planned I've still managed to rack up a few miles...

Odometer just rolled over 10,000 miles, not bad considering it was barely 600 about a year ago

Black Hills is some of my favorite riding...
:) I really have to agree. Yeah, perhaps I'm a bit bias but everyday I go to work I have to choose.. Do I go past Crazy Horse and Mt Rushmore today or go through a State Park.. decisions decisions.

Back