new to me 1999

Supersmoker!!!

Registered
i am 3rd owner, bought bike from old guy who let it sit in storage for years. 5300 miles. 1,000$. got a few questions.
1. air box and hoses are taped/covered? why?
DSCI0280.jpg

DSCI0272.jpg

2. manual cam chain ten. in blue?
DSCI0273.jpg

3.looks to have full yoshi system, leave header wrap or remove?
DSCI0262.jpg

DSCI0274.jpg

DSCI0263.jpg

DSCI0261.jpg

DSCI0284.jpg

DSCI0286.jpg

Cuz he was too lazy to remove the PAIR valve system... It's easy to do there are a few threads here explaining the parts you'll need and how to do it. There are a lot of very helpful people and resources here to help you through. Oh, and :welcome::thumbsup:

My smartazz reply was going to be "The bike is ruined, I'll give you the $1000 and take it off your hands. Save you from the headache. :laugh:"

Ok some one did a very bad job at the small box air mod, here is the way to do it,, https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/63816-small-air-box-mod.html
As for the vacuum line it just need to be capped off properly!

Now for the manual cam chain tensioner, the early busa's the tensioner's where failing, Ape came out with the manual one, not a big deal, you just need to know how to adjust it!

Now you got an awesome deal for $1000 there!

Pick your feet up and ride it!

But plan on replacing the fuel lines soon, as well as buying fuel pump screens real soon!

Smoking deal. If its been sitting long you will need to swap all fluids and possibly the tires. Don't forget break and clutch fluids!

Hey thanks for welcoming me to the Busa world hopefully I'll be riding soon.........an thanks gixerhp i plan on taking your advice on the fuel lines and pump screen...............oh yea and any thoughts about the header wrap???

As for the header wrap, its not perfect, but it does help! I would leave it!

you should sell those plastics on fleabay and try to score the copper/silver set instead. :laugh:

You should take that bike out and enjoy it. 5300 miles is nothing on the bike.

Damn I just took it off......but I plan to put it back on if its worth it? and started it up the other day for the first time in probly 5 or 6 years and the bike ran and stared well but i found out very shortly that the clutch plates were stuck together as it clunked into gear and shut off......so i pulled the clutch cover off and soaked the plates in oil for a while but it was no use.....have to replace the clutch aswell.....so now I have put new oil fresh gas(after I drained and flushed the tank of the old gas)and herea lstthings that I plan to replace and do to the bike before I ride....feel free to add or comment on anything I am going to do or that I have done....and thanks for your time and pionting me in the right direction on my new bike.
1.drain and replace all fuids(clutch/brake fluid...engine oil with filter...coolant ect..)
2.newair filter
3.new clutch.
4.new water pump.
5.new fuel lines and pump screen.
6.and hopefully find a new cap for the back seat.
Thanks again for your time.

Back