New to me '04 Busa

twiin640

Registered
Hello all. Been on the forum for a short time and wanted to say hello. Picked up my new to me '04 Busa LE yesterday. Awesome ride and the bright red pops. I've owned a number of bikes over the years to include a 2000 Honda CB1100XX and a 2015 ZX14 as far as the big sportbikes go. I wanted the Busa for many years but somehow the purchase always eluded me. The riding position of the Busa was immediately comfortable and only took approx. 20 minutes to get used to it. So just wanted to say hello and I love the tons of info on this forum. And yes I will post a pic of Ruby as soon as I can. :firing:

Ok, so now I'm going to compare my Gen1 Busa to my last bike, a 2015 ZX14. Remember this is my opinion. I have an '04 LE with no mods, completely stock and 3,100 miles.

Comfort: Busa wins. Immediately comfortable and very easy to get used to. Handlebar position seems to work along with the foot pegs. My Busa is much more confy than the ZX14. ZX14 seemed big and heavy and even after a year I never really felt comfortable on it even with the addition of a LSL handlebar kit.

Power: I feel they have the same power. I'm using a S.O.M.P dyno and nothing else. Also the ZX14 had different power modes and I never took it out of the lowest power setting.

Looks: Busa wins. The ZX14 is a beautiful bike but the exhaust is just way too big for my liking. The stock exhaust on my Gen 1 Busa looks pretty good to me plus I like the rumble. I've never been a fan of loud exhaust. Yeah, I'm old. Plus the Busa bright red is awesome. And yes, I'm working on pics.

Bottom line, to me the Busa is a better bike in my world and in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, if the Busa didn't exist, I'd have the ZX14.

A tidbit about mods. I'm a big fan of leaving bikes A.S.A.P, As Stock As Possible. When I find a bike that I like it's because of how much I like it in it's stock form. I will only do mods if they enhance what's already there. To that end my very first mod is the hump mod kit from Tiger Racing. I want to use the space in there. Second one is an MRA X-screen sport. I need just a little less wind in my face for longer trips. Third is shorty pazzo levers. I've had these before and for me they work much better for braking and clutch duties. I read a lot about raising the handlebars but so far the stock height seems to be working.

1528641934956.png

'04 LE, 3,100 miles

Ok, so now I'm going to compare my Gen1 Busa to my last bike, a 2015 ZX14. Remember this is my opinion. I have an '04 LE with no mods, completely stock and 3,100 miles.

Comfort: Busa wins. Immediately comfortable and very easy to get used to. Handlebar position seems to work along with the foot pegs. My Busa is much more confy than the ZX14. ZX14 seemed big and heavy and even after a year I never really felt comfortable on it even with the addition of a LSL handlebar kit.

Power: I feel they have the same power. I'm using a S.O.M.P dyno and nothing else. Also the ZX14 had different power modes and I never took it out of the lowest power setting.

Looks: Busa wins. The ZX14 is a beautiful bike but the exhaust is just way too big for my liking. The stock exhaust on my Gen 1 Busa looks pretty good to me plus I like the rumble. I've never been a fan of loud exhaust. Yeah, I'm old. Plus the Busa bright red is awesome. And yes, I'm working on pics.

Bottom line, to me the Busa is a better bike in my world and in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, if the Busa didn't exist, I'd have the ZX14.

Congrats on your new Busa! Just so I'm clear on it; Are you saying your Busa feels like it has the same power your ZX14R had in its lowest power setting? Or are you saying they feel of equal power when compared to the ZX14R's highest power setting?

Paderlois,
It feels to me that my Busa has the same power as my ZX14 in the low power setting. Remember this is only my opinion and it's been more than a year since I owned the ZX.

Back