New to me '00 Hayabusa owner as of yesterday

Effinbees77

Registered
Been looking around for an '03 - '05 but this 17K mile 2000 (just layed down) popped up on CL and I couldn't pass it up. Was hoping to find a nice runner to enjoy for a while and then possibly take apart to use the heart of it for another project. Now that I have one that I CAN'T ride I find myself still looking for one that's ready to go. This one looks real good to me with the exception of a few scratches on the left side, a broken frame on the right, a broken ear off the subframe and worn down stator cover. Has new Michelin tires, chain, sprockets and a TiForce complete exhaust & a Zero gravity windshield all with about 200 miles. So even though I can't ride it I'm very excited to be an owner. So I have to debate on 1) replacing the frame, sub frame & stator cover to ride & enjoy it. 2) Replace the stator cover to use the engine & wiring for another project. Or 3) possibly part the entire bike out and continue my search for a clean 2003 - 2005 model. I guess I'll be doing some searching on this site to see if the 2000 year model is a good starting point for a mild turbo build as my ultimate goal is to be around the 225 - 240HP area whether it's in the bike or something else and absolutely has to run on pump gas and have the manners of a daily rider.
I've owned an older CBR900 RR, GSX-R 750, ZX-6, KLR650 and more quads and 3 wheelers that I could possibly remember but nothing like this.
I'll try to include a pic from the worst side.

Busa2.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. Been busy with work but finally got a chance to start some disassembly. The cable that unlatches the passenger seat popped off when the bike was laid over and turned out to take me much much longer to just remove that darned seat but I got it. These things are almost all allen head bolts - nice. Have the rear tail and side fairings off and will hopefully get the front nose piece removed tomorrow. I have decided to part this out though. Other than some scuffs and scratches it seems like this thing is in great shape with a lot of nice parts. Once I sell off a chunk of these parts I'll go back to looking for another one that's ready to ride. I'm going to use this engine in another vehicle though. Hopefully this isn't frowned upon here. If it were whole & ready to ride I wouldn't part it & sell it off but I'd feel better riding one that hasn't been on the ground.

Back