New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015

Feel free to ask a bunch of questions if you go with the U-Haul trailer. I'm an expert now. :D

/the discussion on the U-Haul trailer link about riding up the ramp, I wouldn't. Get one of the people at the shop to help. It's very easy to roll it back down with one hand on the brake.

Trailer=Failure. :p

"Objects in Mirror are as GOOD LQQKIN' as they they Appear"

Rubb.

Congrats on the new busa! You can ride it 4 hours if someone will drive your car back. Stop a few times. You will probably need to not being used to the sportbike riding position. I got cramps in my hamstrings the first couple years and that was 12 years ago. Now it's totally natural.

If you trailer it, the U-haul motorcycle trailer works great. Empty the fuel tank before loading it is so much easier to handle. Get a set of Canyon Dancer straps and use ratchet straps on the bar ends and the cargo hooks in back. A 4' x 8' sheet of board with a couple 2x4s screwed to it will keep the tires centered. I went way overboard when I trailered my bikes 170 miles. No problems though. The worse was when I hit a small hole turning at a light. It was about 5 mph but I saw the whole bike snap to and fro. That trailer is not the smoothest ride. Don't let any a-hole pressure you into making rash decisions whe you pull the trailer.

Check out this thread. Final messages, p2 are the most important.

Honestly, I'd just ride it if possible. Avoid all the hassle of what kind of hitch, straps, keeping it from tipping over....it will drive you nuts if you never did it before. I've seen my bikes fall three times and I'm not letting it happen in a trailer.
I think he bought it locally.....at the HD dealership in his city...

Hi. Thank you for Uhaul/trailering advice. Yes, I am buying locally. Reason I didn’t buy a new/old stock 2018 Busa was that I would have to travel 3-5 hrs to get one. I figure with the combination of low mileage and mods, I think I got a pretty good deal, plus,it is just easier!
Another question. How comfortable is 2 up riding? My wife would like to ride with me occasionally.

Dealer does not have passenger seat cowl, so is my best bet ordering from Suzuki or eBay, Amazon etc.

My '14 also did not have the rear cowl at purchase. Bought a Chinese knock-off (eBay) for < $50 USD. It has held up just fine, now about 1 1/2 yrs old.

[EDIT] The knock-off unit didn't seat well underneath. I had to force it to hook up - actually spreading the prongs outward to get it to engage. But it's plastic, and once I got it to engage, I left it that way and the plastic figured itself out. Now, it's no worries on n off. FYI

I didn't see one post where he(noles) mentioned trailering his purchase.That was other peeps ideas. But they ran with it,so in fine Rubbah tradition saw the oportunity to post stoopid pic. :p
Rubb.

Last edited:
Hi. Thank you for Uhaul/trailering advice. Yes, I am buying locally. Reason I didn’t buy a new/old stock 2018 Busa was that I would have to travel 3-5 hrs to get one. I figure with the combination of low mileage and mods, I think I got a pretty good deal, plus,it is just easier!
Another question. How comfortable is 2 up riding? My wife would like to ride with me occasionally.
2-up. Don't do it. :laugh: The constant chatter,reduced fuel economy,stopping for shoe sales,etc....ahhh no.
Actually 2-up ain't 2-bad. I've had good and bad pillions. If they take instruction well that is a bonus.Lean like this,hold on like this. Depends a lot on you and your riding style.But there are backrest options,tank grabber thingies,etc. My 3rd wife was my best passenger. Didn't hang on at all until conditions dictated. Hard launches from the line,she tucked up close but stuck her butt out aiding traction.:thumbsup: Speed runs,she tucked low,didn't move a muscle, not even for that peek-a-boo over the shoulder.
Hard breaking...her hands came off my waist and onto the tank, palms down so as not to slide into me.Krud like that.
Did yer bike come with a grab rail,if not,get one.
The stock seat is decent so I have been told.
Decent room,so I've been told.
Not the best view for them unless they are Shaq height.
Stock grab...

and one of the 500 options...

tank grab bar. She can hold on under acceleration/brace during breaking.

Back rest options

and let the opinions fly.....

Rubb.

Oh. oops. :rolleyes:

Cool. I woulda done the same thing. Win/win.

I didn't see one post where he(noles) mentioned trailering his purchase.That was other peeps ideas. But they ran with it,so in fine Rubbah tradition saw the oportunity to post stoopid pic. :p
Rubb.

See that's what happens when people gossip, the story is one thing and then it turns into something totally different. That's another great pic BTW.

Did yer bike come with a grab rail,if not,get one.

I like the tank grab bar. Never tried any grab bar. If you're lucky, your lady will find your grab bar.

I'm not sure the tail grab bar is the best idea. something about leaning back to hold on spells d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r. The backrest is a good idea. You probably know how to be careful on takeoffs but if you hit it hard, I can see dumping a passenger of the back real easy.

The stock seat is decent so I have been told.
Decent room,so I've been told.

If she has a an ass size medium to small.

We have a lot of big people riding busas. I carried my last GF on my 08 and gotta admit, that girl was as big as me. No problems with a 200 pounder on the back. The tail isn't super strong but it will handle it. I'd much prefer a 100+ for a passenger. The Gen1s had an aluminum tail and it was light but it was known to break. As far as power, the busa will carry 425 lbs and you almost don't know the difference.

Another thing. With 800 miles, what is the service interval with the bike? Should I take to Suzuki to do a service? I can do oil change on my Harley, but nothing else.
Harley’s are easy, but not cheap, every 5000 miles.
Thank you

Taking possession tomorrow. Didn’t get exact price I wanted, but with full yoshi exhaust, gel seat, tinted puig screen and only 800 miles, it’s a pretty good deal. Plus it’s that awesome blue color.
Pic tomorrow.

Remove the rear seat before you leave and make sure there are four bolts holding the tail section together. They’re needed with or w/o the hump and especially when riding double.

Another thing. With 800 miles, what is the service interval with the bike? Should I take to Suzuki to do a service? I can do oil change on my Harley, but nothing else.
Harley’s are easy, but not cheap, every 5000 miles.
Thank you
The service intervals will be argued by some.
The most important I think/maybe/possibly is the valve service.Lots of obvious as well,oil/filter/chain/etc. Check here or in the manual.
This link should get u a free manual. Clic here Noles
Valve service will be expensive. Read up on it to see if its something you want to undertake. We can give you a walk thru if desired.(or youtube)
Move slow on things u dont 100% have a handle on.Mistakes can be avoided that some of us have already made.(me) The simplest things,trust me.Easier to ask,than fix right. Things like removing the plastic.Easy to scratch,tabs to be broken,etc. Just ask us man.(or search/youtube)Working on it late at night or need a qwik bit of guidance send a PM to the wrenches who show as being "on-line".
Enjoy the rush,I do everyday.
Rubb.

Bike is at Suzuki getting 600 mile service. Previous owner did not get it done. Does not have seat cowl, so will check out cost at Suzuki. I know after market is cheaper, but I like to keep original. Just been riding around town and a few runs on the highway before I took it to Suzuki to get the feel. I think the bike is pretty easy to ride. Coming off a Harley, the brakes took a little while to get used to!!
Anyway, bike is great, looking forward to a long ride this weekend. Pics will come soon.
Thank you

Bike is at Suzuki getting 600 mile service. Previous owner did not get it done. Does not have seat cowl, so will check out cost at Suzuki. I know after market is cheaper, but I like to keep original. Just been riding around town and a few runs on the highway before I took it to Suzuki to get the feel. I think the bike is pretty easy to ride. Coming off a Harley, the brakes took a little while to get used to!!
Anyway, bike is great, looking forward to a long ride this weekend. Pics will come soon.
Thank you
Its like a Harley except you get everywhere in half the time.

Brakes and suspension are amazing. As goofy as this sounds, I really like having a fuel gauge! Haven’t had a chance to see difference in the modes, have just ridden in A mode. Very cool bike.

How's the paint match on the Chinese humps? Suzuki always uses a ton of metal flake in their factory paints that I doubt the Chinese would bother to replicate.

Back