New to Hayabusa, looking at 2015

Not that I will ever use all the power on my bike, but I’m curious about much more power ( hp and torque) the full yoshi exhaust has added. Also, I have read that I might need a power commander or get ecu flashed since the exhaust has been replaced.

I’m getting used to how much fun the Busa is. Too fun! The “going into first gear” is still there. Squeezing clutch lever twice lets me put it into 1st. What is reason for that? Also, I’m getting used to the different lights on the dash but don’t know about one. It is on far left and when I start bike, it turns on white for a few seconds.
Thank you
As mentioned maybe air.
Less than 1,000 miles... You still need to break that tranny in...
Dustin is correct. I have a full race cut tranny,still tuff to get it into first.
Does it pop into first easier when the motor is warm? If so,dis-regard bleeding,it is the nature of the beast. IMO. 5 Busa's (so far) hehehe. They all did it.
Sounds like air in the clutch system. Either re-bleed it or zip-tie the clutch lever back to the bar overnight to allow the air to escape.
Lazy bastid. Pump pump pump....tickle it. Smack the lever a bit,watch the air rise. I'm lazy and impatient. MityVac.
As for the dark brake fluid, if the dealer is using Motul, it's dark out of the bottle... whereas the Suzuki fluid is almost clear.
Motul is dark? Did not know that,but thanks. I will not buy. How do you tell if its ugly and needs changing?
Thank you for info. I’ll bleed clutch and see if that works. That shift light is pretty big!! Not sure I’ve seen it come on except when I start bike!
Easy to follow instructions in your owners manual,if they gave you one. Not the full shop manual,just the little booklet. Dont have it,speak up,I'll show you a download for it. Its pretty cool,set it to whatever you want.
I see your bike has the factory levers, so you're good there. Many sleazy aftermarket levers cause issues like this as well due to bad geometry and/or poor construction.

OEM levers FTW.
So my levers are sleazy eh....
Not that I will ever use all the power on my bike, but I’m curious about much more power ( hp and torque) the full yoshi exhaust has added. Also, I have read that I might need a power commander or get ecu flashed since the exhaust has been replaced.
Minimal gains with exhaust swap outs. There is some. If its a full system definately have it pro tuned. They will also check to see if an after market air filter has been installed.Usually the 2 go hand in hand.Tuner will be able to tell if its been flashed already,might save you some bucks. Hows it running? Any popping or backfiring? Do you know the previous owner?
Do you have slip-ons or a full system?
Rubb.

Bike is running smooth and fast. No jerkiness, backfiring, popping etc. Being my first Busa, I don’t have anything to compare to, but it’s running great to me!

I do not have the owners manual. There is no no backfiring or popping. I will have Suzuki check. It is a full system (4 into 1)
CLIC HERE NOLES there is a copy of the shop manual and the owners manual. Get the K9 for your bike. You can look at them or download them to keep 4ever. Owners manual has the shift light set up you want. Section 3-10.
All things Busa on yer screen. :thumbsup: Free is good right. :D
Rubb.

Bike is running smooth and fast. No jerkiness, backfiring, popping etc. Being my first Busa, I don’t have anything to compare to, but it’s running great to me!
My guess,previous owner did it right.:thumbsup:
The ultimate,good tuner with gr8 skillz and the latest equipment.(as I suggested,may have been done already)
Ride on man,
Rubb.

My bike has a full Yosh system, K&N filter, Bazzaz Z-FI/Z-AFM installed and was professionally tuned and set up.

It ran 186hp and 118ft/lbs on a dyno just before I bought it.

Would an H-D mechanic even know what coolant is?

View attachment 1623125
Well don't let 'em near yer Screamin' Eagle then. hehehe
You want the shift light to catch your peripheral vision on the dragstrip so you can focus on the track and not stare at your tachometer. The bigger, the better.

View attachment 1623448
I have an' MSD,mounted just above the cluster. Retina burnin lite does get yer attention. If I'm really dancing on the street against some punk in his hopped up hi-po car or bike,I'll use the shift light. There is extra gain to be had as the turbo continues to gain horsepower beyond the stock Busa curve which actually falls off prior to redline on the dyno sheets from some of my previous tame Busa's. My redline/rev limiter is also higher than a stock motor,set by tuning the ECU.Every little bit helps right. LOL. There is a handy digital tach which shines up thru the windscreen and is deadly accurate. 4 digit,in increments of ten. So the stock analog reads about 1100 RPM. The MSD digital display reads exactly 1,110. 'Cause thats important. LOL. Well actually it is.
About $200 bucks for a Bright Light
Rubb.

Motul is dark? Did not know that,but thanks. I will not buy. How do you tell if its ugly and needs changing?

I believe it's Motul, it's whatever we used at the BMW dealership. Most of their fluids were Motul there.

It continues to darken but also gets cloudy and opaque as it absorbs water and contaminants.

So my levers are sleazy eh....

This may come as a total shock but not everything is about you. :poke:
:lol:

Thanks Rubbersidedown for the shop manual download. Will come in handy for sure. As far as the modes go, I’m assuming everyone here rides in A mode except during slick road conditions. Not sure the point of B. Is it for city riding? Does bike default to A mode or do I need to set to A? Does bike need to be stopped before changing modes or can I do it on the fly? If so, is there a procedure? Sorry for the newb questions. Bike is really easy to ride, gel seat is comfortable. Can definitely see taking some long trips. Funny thing is, it is more comfortable on highway than my Harley wideglide. I think the reason is the wind protection is much better at “highway speeds”.

Thanks Rubbersidedown for the shop manual download. Will come in handy for sure.Call me Rubb. As far as the modes go, I’m assuming everyone here rides in A mode except during slick road conditions.A mode yup. Not sure the point of B.Half way point. Is it for city riding? Sure,LOL.Does bike default to A mode or do I need to set to A?I think it so. I dont have the modes. Does bike need to be stopped before changing modes or can I do it on the fly?Nope,click away. If so, is there a procedure?Nope. Sorry for the newb questions.It's all good. Bike is really easy to ride, gel seat is comfortable. Can definitely see taking some long trips. Funny thing is, it is more comfortable on highway than my Harley wideglide. I think the reason is the wind protection is much better at “highway speeds”.
Its a good ride. For long hauls you'll find what works for you. I like to sit up straight,let the wind hit me in the chest,takes all the weight of yer hands,wrists,elbows and shoulders. Light squeeze on the tank. Move from toes,to mids,to heels on the pegs. I go about 150 KPH/90 mph for that just right floating feeling.
Enjoy bro,
Rubb.

Back