New to forums and first Hayabusa

Destin07

Registered
I just purchased my first Hayabusa. Its a 2005 and has 800 miles on it. It has a full Akrapovic system, power commander,aftermarket rear shock and 240 wide tire kit stretched 6inches. I noticed that whoever adjusted the chain last didn't get the lines even on the sides of the swing arm. On the right side it's set at the first notch counting towards the bike and on the left side its on the second notch towards the bike. I am kinda afraid to touch it since the chain is already so close to the rim. And I sure don't wont to ride it like this. What do you guys suggest . I will try to post some pics of the bike

Welcome aboard!!! Sounds like a sweet ride. can't wait to see it.
when you take pics, look for the macro function on the camara and really get some good close ups of the chain/tire/sprocket/blocks...etc...

Welcome and congrats. Pics are a requirement. You will catch a lot of friendly ribbing till you get them up.

Don

post_12_02805_post_6_21163_post_12_60581_NoPics.gif

Also forgot to mention that this is my first bike. I grew up racing motocross but I guess that don't mean much on the street. I really wanted a liter bike but I weigh 285 and that really made me decide between the Zx-14 and the hayabusa. I'm really happy with my choice. The guy I bought it from had 21500 in it including the price of the bike. Any suggestions or opinions are welcome

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Sorry I can't help with your chain problem, But what I will say to you
is Please, Please ride within your skill level and always wear the
proper gear. We have way too many fallen riders and would like to
keep everyone around as long as possible........ Take care, Be carefull, always watch for the other guy, and most of all enjoy and respect your
new Machine.......

And 1 more thing we need pics it the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

i'm no mechanic but i wonder if the notches are off because of the offset of the rear tire with certain swingarms...?...c'mon guys chime in here.

Thanks guys for all the quick replies. I'm going to take some new pictures of the bike outside in a day or two when I get back in town and it stops raining. I can't wait I havent even ridden it yet!! I'll post them up and make a list of everything the bike has on it

Do you have stands or at least a rear stand
rock.gif
If you do put the bike on the rear stand and the bike in neutral. Look down the sprocket and chain and see if you can tell if there's an alignment problem. You could also use a small straight edge and come off the sprocket toward the motor and see if it was aligned with the chain. If not, then adjust. On a stock bike those marks should be identical, clutch and brake side. Good Luck, and get those pics up dude.

Back