New to forum...

Oncebitten

Registered
Hello all! Great site you've got here. The name is Fred, I'm 40 years old and been riding on and off for 30 years. Started off on a Yamaha 100, then graduated to a Honda Fat Cat. In college I ran a Seca 650 and bought a Ninja 750 when I was in the Marines. I got away from bikes for about 15 years and decided to buy a cruiser back in '05. I've been riding a Sabre 1,100 since then and really enjoy it, but I miss the power of a sport bike at times. Anyways I stumble across a nice deal on an '05 Hayabusa GSX 1300R with 5,0000 miles so I picked it up over the weekend. Black and red and in mint condition. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get her on the pavement!

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of nob questions. Sorry in advance...

Fred

View attachment 1308918
welcome.gif

Welcome to the oRg, we love pichers, please send some if you have some. Pichers are cool to look at.

post_13_40248_useless.jpg

By the way, what's the little yellow button that says "pass" on the left control? I'm almost afraid to push it and find out. Is it my turbo boost or something? LOL!

Fred

By the way, what's the little yellow button that says "pass" on the left control?  I'm almost afraid to push it and find out.  Is it my turbo boost or something?  LOL!

Fred
laugh.gif

No that's the button to flash your lights.

But in this part of the country a flashing of the lights means "go ahead and go in front of me" So I've never used it.

Some do a mod to make a garage door opener button.

From the factory it's called a pass light, it flashes the high beam on and off. It is used for a lot of things, like NOS, shifting, etc.
beerchug.gif

If you have HIDs installed I wouldn't use it. I use to use mine as warning device.

Welcome aboard,  
thumb_up.gif

HID's are Hi Intensity lighting systems. You will find yourself over-riding OEM headlight easily at night. The HID's light up the night. A must do mod if you night ride.

The search tab on top is your friend. There is a wealth of money and life saving info. to be had on this site.

Back