New to Forum, Just Purchased First Busa

I realize custom paint is a love hate with most people, but I know the bike has not been laid down, and actually like the work on it. Now to get used to the extra HP over my beloved Connie LOL

As far as custom paint goes, as long as you like it who cares what everyone else thinks. I have seen way worse paint jobs than yours.

:welcome: to the .org! Enjoy getting used to the difference the Busa brings.

:welcome: to the org! A set of heli bars plus a 3/4" bar riser will work with the stock brake and clutch lines and make a big difference in the comfort.

Thanks for the welcomes and replies. I will definitely check out the heli bars and riser combo...... Looking forward to getting up to speed with her, Pun intended..... As I picked the bike up in Miami I have some time to ride before heading her back to TN.....

I wud def repaint it but as long as the plastic has no scrapes or cracks u shud b gd 2 go or even better jus buy one of them full sticker kits. prob b easier and cheaper. bike looks super clean and its a Gen I even better.....:laugh:

Thanks again.... I am just gonna ride the crap out of it, then decide what to do for paint. Have to figure out which bars and risers to get.... Needs a rear tire as well, so that is next on the list

Thanks again . . .

I am just gonna ride the crap out of it,
then decide what to do for paint.

Have to figure out which bars and risers to get . . .

Needs a rear tire as well,
so that is next on the list .

Get used to buying rear tires ~ if you twist the throttle too much . . .

:thumbsup:

Thanks again.... I am just gonna ride the crap out of it, then decide what to do for paint. Have to figure out which bars and risers to get.... Needs a rear tire as well, so that is next on the list

Nice bike.

Unless you can't afford it, I would recommend changing both tires out at the same time. Not to start a tire thread but I really like my Dunlop Q3's

I have the Heli bars and a ¾" Genmar riser plate. Still sporty enough for me but able to ride longer with them.

It's your choice but I wouldn't be worried about painting it so fast. Live with it for a year and if you can't stand it any more then paint it.
You might be surprised and get lots of compliments on it and decide to keep it like it is for a long time. It's certainly a one of a kind. :thumbsup:

Well after four months of having a friend work in time to airbrush a new theme on it, it is almost done. Needs some touch ups, and clear coat, but posting a few pics.... what is the general opinion of the eagle on the front? Keep it, or lose it and just paint it over with the same shade of blue? Also, I am not sure I am a fan of the painted on shadows.... what are the thoughts on this as well?

Thanks, starting to get warmer in Nashville, so once I get a new set of tires, time to take her for a ride.....

Busa2.jpg

Busa1.jpg

Back