New to forum and looking for help on K&L fork seal?

Cory27

Registered
Hey everyone!

I know this has came up alot on the forum over the yrs and everyone says OEM only.

The dealer here in NoCo told me today that they have a K&L fork seal kits for 40 bucks and that's all that they use on any bike that comes in for service.
It's a good dealership and I trust them but not sure if I trust that call. they can and will use oem if I want but they recommend those for cheaper.

Anyone ever use K&L seals?

Thanks twobothers but not to worried about the task ahead, went to school for awhile to be a motorcycle mechanic. Just looking for input on the K&L's maybe SKF's.
I can get those for dirt cheap if my supplier can get them but k&l i can get forsure

Hey everyone!

I know this has came up alot on the forum over the yrs and everyone says OEM only.

The dealer here in NoCo told me today that they have a K&L fork seal kits for 40 bucks and that's all that they use on any bike that comes in for service.
It's a good dealership and I trust them but not sure if I trust that call. they can and will use oem if I want but they recommend those for cheaper.

Anyone ever use K&L seals?

POWERHOUSE has a full inventory of K & L fork seals, and we do use them on many bikes, they are good. HOWEVER, for Busas, we always keep the OEM seals in stock. Why? Because they are BETTER . . .do yourself a favor, and insist on the oem seals, thats IMHO . . .:whistle:

while your in there if you have the money you should get the springs for you weight

POWERHOUSE has a full inventory of K & L fork seals, and we do use them on many bikes, they are good. HOWEVER, for Busas, we always keep the OEM seals in stock. Why? Because they are BETTER . . .do yourself a favor, and insist on the oem seals, thats IMHO . . .:whistle:

To elaborate, here are some pictures . . . the top picture is both the K&L and the OEM seal (left and right) with the part numbers for a Gen 1. The second pic is the top of both seals - you can see the K&L does NOT have a spring in the top; and the last is the bottom of both. So the OEM seals have double lips, double springs, the K&L double lips with a SINGLE spring. BTW, I'm not sure why you rely on your stealership so much - the stock seals RETAIL for $40/pair, the K&L seals are $25/pair.
Maybe you can ask your trusty parts guy why they insist on overcharging you . . .:whistle:

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

Thanks it was nice to get the answer I was looking for in 1/2 an hr, and yes powerhouse the stealership prices are way over priced, tri city told me 40 bucks for the kit seals and wipers and the suzuki dealership told me 121.19 for oem seals and wipers.
Motosport.com 62 and some change and oem, going with them. Thanks everyone else for the welcomes and not worried about springs right now. Im nice and light, and not really planing on racing. Got her to save on gas to and from work and for the nice long weekend drives.

Back