New to form

mr8ball

Registered
I just got my 08 bussa and i now have 218 miles on it. It was full of oil the day i got it and i was cleaning it roday and noticed that it was below the low line in the window. Is this something i should be conserned about?? Is it normal for it to do this on a new bike? Any help would be thankfull. Thanks in advance, Doug

welcome.gif
to the org
beerchug.gif
When you check the oil make sure the
bike is level not leaning on the kickstand. Never had a new
bike so don't know if it should burn oil like that

Welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

Like Mike said, check it level off the stand and not on a rear stand. And you need to post some pics soon it's the
rulez8bn.gif
Or the hounds will be after you.

Welcome aboard!
Not sure about the oil thing, but I'm sure your 2nd post BETTER contain a picture of your Busa!
laugh.gif

Welcome to the oRg, we would love to see some pics of your new busa!

Welcome! You can always take it back to the dealer and have 'em check it out.

welcome.gif
to the board

i don't think your oil level dropping like that would be normal...mine didn't do that but others might know what would cause it...+1 on making sure your bike is level when you check it

I just got my 08 bussa and i now have 218 miles on it. It was full of oil the day i got it and i was cleaning it roday and noticed that it was below the low line in the window. Is this something i should be conserned about?? Is it normal for it to do this on a new bike? Any help would be thankfull. Thanks in advance, Doug
Welcome to the .Org, and congrats on the '08! Sweet bike! Anyway, when it was new, I suspect that you saw it sitting on the floor, and it wasn't warmed up. It's typical that after the bike's been started and run, that the level will drop in the window, since it is now doing what it's supposed to--stick to parts and circulate throughout the motor. You should always check the level after the bike's been warmed up. But if you're concerned, certainly have the dealer check it. And post some pics!

Welcome do the board...I have bought 4 new bikes during
beerchug.gif
the last three years and none of them have used any oil. Like everyone says, be sure it is level when you check it. Congrats on the 08
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Hi guys. I did have it level but thanks anyway. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Here are some pic,s. This thing is POWERFULL!!!!! Enjoy and be safe.

My_Hayabusa_001.jpg

Back