New to busa, hows it as a tour bike?

dude we should just call each other right now
biggrin.gif

I only have problems with my wrists when I do city riding . I thought i'd have knee problems but was suprised not to the whole month I was gone.
Yeah, low speed city riding means no wind flow to push you back and take some of the weight off of your arms/wrists. Also, lots of braking to a stop, which means more stress on your arms/wrists. After passing through a small town with red lights or something it's always a relief to get back up to speed and let the wind hittin' your chest take the load off your wrists.
biggrin.gif

you should check out pashnit's site if you haven't already. he logs a ton of miles (an understatement), and has been using a busa as his bike for a few years now. There's a whole section on the mods he's done for this purpose.

www.pashnit.com

Great advice there shortboarder!
That is a great site, its been a while since I visited it.
I didn't even think of him...

I checked it out . Dude that guy rides the way I wish I could.
yeah...that site's the california bible (norcal + central, at least). The 6000 miles in 8 days story he's got on there is pretty hardcore, tho he didn't do that on a busa. He's got another link on there of a guy who rode the Iron Butt 100CCC - Jacksonville to San Diego and back in 100 hours. Dude did it on a Busa, with a friend riding pillion.
biggrin.gif

check it out:

http://www.bsu.edu/web/00amleduc/mtf/50cc/reports/glass03.htm

Yeah, lots of folks use it as a touring bike with no problems. Some mods you can add to make it more comfortable for rider and passenger. While not a touring bike, it is a great all-around bike!

In agreement with a lot of the other posts, here are my recommendations:

New seat - you'll see quite a few fans of Tobin's.
New wind screen - ZG double Bubble, sporttech V-Flow, take your pick.
Throttlemeister throttle lock - saves my hand and wrist from rebeling on the 200 + mile rides.
Any radio input - I can't do much of anything without music.

Checking out Pashnit's site was great advice. He actually runs a motorcycle tourguide service out in CA. You might even want to pm/email him for some specific questions and answers.
Oh yeah, wlecome aboard!

Shawn

Do not buy a vmax thinking it will be a comfortable cruiser. My little 750 gix is more comfortable on a trip. I'm replacing a vmax with a busa. There are lots of other quirks with vmaxes too I can enlighten you on if you PM me.

stock is good for most riders. I have put on a 10 hour day once and other then being just plan worn out it was a great day.

Its the fast production touring bike on the planet. What are you waiting for?
laugh.gif

Apparently some folks here don't know much about touring. They might be amazed to know there's a whole class of Sport Touring bikes and the Busa fits in quite well with them. If you only want to do a few hundred miles a day you won't even need to mod it ergo wise. 700 - 800 miles a day is simple to do and never laying a tire on an interstate. Although the Blackbird has long been the hyper-tourer of choice, I think Busa's are starting to make inroads.

Back