new to board, just had bike tuned

Give him a chance to learn JC...
After all, he's new, and I'm sure he is still amazed at the power his Busa makes...
He's just excited...
smileyexhibit.gif

David

no one said you didn't have slip ons.
but where is the real dyno sheet with date and conditions?
like I said that is not a slip-on graph

JC

Maybe someone pulled a fast one on him from the shop where he had run on the dyno. I agree the peak numbers sound pretty high. Are you thinking the correction numbers are way off? Or is there places that the graph is showing signs of a 4 in 1 pipe. Even the first run looks a bit high to me. With the curve being similar in both runs and the A/F close from 6-10 where did the 10hp come from? something isn't right. Did the dyno operator turn the knobs to make it look like he earned his money?

(Professor @ Oct. 12 2006,07:18) JC

Maybe someone pulled a fast one on him from the shop where he had run on the dyno. I agree the peak numbers sound pretty high. Are you thinking the correction numbers are way off? Or is there places that the graph is showing signs of a 4 in 1 pipe. Even the first run looks a bit high to me. With the curve being similar in both runs and the A/F close from 6-10 where did the 10hp come from? something isn't right. Did the dyno operator turn the knobs to make it look like he earned his money?
Rick,
Good call, that may be the case. I hope not for our fellow's sake but I can see that happening to someone who doesn't know these bikes as well as others.

Don

post-41-27259-dyno_run_with_pipes_and_comm.jpg

look at what happen to the curve down low.
remember it is slip ons
the header is the same

Last edited by a moderator:
(JIMMY @ Oct. 12 2006,19:10) so you are saying there is no way these numbers are accurate?
They seem inflated.
Most bolt-ons will see tops 5 HP.
When I first got the bike I saw, I think 4 or 5 extra HP with D&D bolt ons with a tune on the PC.

If it runs good and your satisfied, then I wouldn't worry much about it.

i am very happy with the bike, like i said i have had it for about a year, and just recently started working on it and riding it, after a horsepower shootout, i got the itch. the guys at the shop were very impressed with the numbers as well, my very first pull was a 157 bone stock three weeks earlier at the shootout with 315 miles. we tried a map off the web site and saw no improvement, which was a disapoitment. the guy who did the tuning knows his stuff and i trust his tuning. the bike runs great, thats the main thing. still have the itch though, want more HP, thats why i started this thread, to get some ideas to stear me in the right direction to get that HP. any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, looking to go on motor only, no power adders at this time.

I have been tuning since 99 and never saw more than 3 hp
you need to scrap the dumb and dumbs and get a real 4/1
why? because the restriction in is the header not the cans.
this is how come I say it is not a slipon graph. slip on will not lose low end grut, in other words the lines won't swap like your graph did.

JIMMY welcome to the Org...
JC isn't trying to shoot you down, just give you good advice about what he see's! If you say the tuner is good then maybe he/she made a mistake and gave you the wrong chart. There are lots of things you can do to achieve better numbers on your bike. But, as a general rule MOST slip ons aren't for big horse power gains....

both of these runs were with the cans instlled, the only diference between the two is the tuning, and actually i saw no gain when putting the bolt ons on. stock was 157, with can 157, after tune was were the increase came from. these numbers do seem high to me as well, but 157 bone stock also seemed high. could the low miles effect the numbers or does that not make a difference?

I have seen 162 on bone stockers but just adding cans with a genaric map and it stayed the same is possible but just with mapping Nope you will not gain those numbers.
were you there to watch this?
and the dip in torque is not normal due to you can run stock ,slip ons or no cans and the torque line sure not have crossed
I would sure like to see what is written down in the bottom of the page.
beerchug.gif

(Hayabusa-J.R. @ Oct. 10 2006,21:04) johhnycheese thinks he's a know it all.NOT
Now being a somewhat long time member of the board, I will say Johnny Chesse can be about as smooth as 20 grit sandpaper but the is nationally recognized for building and tuning some of the fastest Busa's around. And no he didn't tune my bike but I have seen and rode some of the bikes he has touched.

there is no writing on the bottom of the printout, those marks you see are from the printer, that is the whole printout, look at the margins, nothing is hidden from you. i didnt start this topic to argue with you cheese ball about these numbers, it is what it is again so get over it, not every bike in every situation is the same, just because your getting 3 h.p. doesnt mean someone else cannot get more. now if someone else has something useful to comment about, id appreciate it

Back