New tires

desalphine

Registered
Hi all,
Would like to know what other tires you have on ur bike other than bridgestone? i am looking for new set of tires for stock busa, curious to know what other tires i could get and like to get feedback regarding performace..
aham

I just ordered and got the Pilot Powers on eBay for $219.00. I am having them mounted on Monday of next week. They are replacing Super Corsa's. Good to see another Indy member! Hit me up some time!

the original debate, as old as the board itself.....best way to re-hash is to do a search....there should be no less then 1000 posts on the subject. Has EVERYTHING to do with the type of rider you are....

thanks I did a search before posting this as i was sure there will be a post comparing tires, but didnt get it, i ll try again

Shanling, we should go ride sometime, i think indy has a large # of busas, its eveywhere
smile.gif

desalphine - PM me. Would love to ride with ya! My Busa was quite the HIT at Ike and Jonsies last weekend! It got a lot more attention then any of the HDs or choppers lining the street!
biggrin.gif

I just installed Avon Viper Sport AV 59 & AV 60.  Ron Ayers has a special right now where you get the rear tire for $150 and get a free front.  
CLICK HERE

They have the same deal for Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's.  
CLICK HERE

I love the Avon's but being my first set of brand new tires on the Busa I have nothing to compare them too.  As many have said your riding style has a lot to do with it. Hope this helps.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156435140 -->

ive got shinko 005s on mine. i like them alot. they r a touring/drag tire they have a decent compound and a wide contact patch on the rear. and when u heatem up they get good and sticky

If you were happy with the 56's (stockers) I'd recomment the replacing them with a set of bridgestone 014's. Great overall tires for everyday use from city riding to back roads.

ive got shinko 005s on mine. i like them alot. they r a touring/drag tire they have a decent compound and a wide contact patch on the rear. and when u heatem up they get good and sticky
I did some checking on those Shinko's as there is a dealer here in Indy pushing and selling the heck out of them. They are not really a touring tire but they are a great drag tire. They have a rep for being great off of the line. Again, it boils down to riding styles like someone else said. Since I like twisties more then dragging, I discounted them pretty quickly. Actually, I suck so bad off of the line, not even those would have made me better.

I just installed dunlop qualifiers. They have great grip. I am very impressed. My 1k has 014's and they are also great tires.

All depends on what kind of rider you are, and what kind of riding do you do. Like they said above, what kind of rider you are and what kind of riding you do will help you determin what kind of tire you should go with... its easy to just ask people what do they like and go with what the mass's say is best, but if the tire doesnt fit your riding style you might not be as pleased with the tire that "everyone" else uses.

that is soo true, i agree. i wont call myself aggressive rider, no redlining everytime i start from stop, i like to ride fast even though compared to the numbers you guys are posting i am slow as a snail
biggrin.gif
Then cornering and riding twisties, anyone whos been to indy will know it as flat as it gets with straight roads. i am looking for something that will last as well as have better grip. thanx much for your inputs

pick the best of breed sport tire from any manufacturer and you can't go wrong and it will work fine

that is soo true, i agree. i wont call myself aggressive rider, no redlining everytime i start from stop, i like to ride fast even though compared to the numbers you guys are posting i am slow as a snail
biggrin.gif
Then cornering and riding twisties, anyone whos been to indy will know it as flat as it gets with straight roads. i am looking for something that will last as well as have better grip. thanx much for your inputs
You just gave all of the reasons that I chose the Michelin Power Pilots!

Have you done 135 south out of Nashville, IN???

yeah, that is a very good route, thats the only set of twisties around here rgt?.. i think i am gonna go for Power pilots too.. quote i got from dealership -- $340 just for tires

Back