New tires

that is soo true, i agree. i wont call myself aggressive rider, no redlining everytime i start from stop, i like to ride fast even though compared to the numbers you guys are posting i am slow as a snail
biggrin.gif
Then cornering and riding twisties, anyone whos been to indy will know it as flat as it gets with straight roads. i am looking for something that will last as well as have better grip. thanx much for your inputs
You just gave all of the reasons that I chose the Michelin Power Pilots!

Have you done 135 south out of Nashville, IN???
Which is exactly why I chose Avon's

yeah,  that is a  very good route, thats the only set of twisties around here rgt?.. i think i am gonna go for Power pilots too.. quote i got from dealership -- $340 just for tires
Not telling you what to do but unless it's an emergency situation where you need tires and have to ride right away I wouldn't give the dealership my money. The same tires will be roughly $90 less from Street & Track and that includes shipping and you probably won't have to pay sales tax.

Just for the sake of conversation is it VERY important that both rear and front are the same type of tire??? My bikes front tire looks almost brand new but the rear will soon need replacement.Should i just get a rear pilot power and keep the front stock or get em both changed???

I have never been able to tell the difference....i would just replace the rear if you still have life left on the front....

Just for the sake of conversation is it VERY important that both rear and front are the same type of tire??? My bikes front tire looks almost brand new but the rear will soon need replacement.Should i just get a rear pilot power and keep the front stock or get em both changed???
If y never get over 80 MPH and you don't drag your knee I'd say you can run any two tires that are round. However, if you like speed and or carving corners, you are asking for trouble by running two different tire types on your scooter. Some guys will tell you it's okay but once you learn how your suspension works and what it needs to work properly, you probably would not use two different tires?

If y never get over 80 MPH and you don't drag your knee I'd say you can run any two tires that are round. However, if you like speed and or carving corners, you are asking for trouble by running two different tire types on your scooter. Some guys will tell you it's okay but once you learn how your suspension works and what it needs to work properly, you probably would not use two different tires?
Agreed.

I will NEVER run missmatched rubber. Been there, done that...didn't like it.

I used up 2 rear B56's for one front. Then I went to the Powers and I love 'em. Stick like glue. I haven't (to my knowlege) left any black marks on corner exits like I was doing with the 56's.
So far, it appears that the wear is pretty close to the 'Stones too. I figure I'll need a rear tire every oil change....

A different twist on the tire question: I'm an all year, all weather (except for snow) commuter. I live in Seattle so we get a lot of rain. Throughout the summer I do 3 or so weekend rides through the corners where stickiness is nice. However, I'm logging 12K miles per year, don't want to replace tires 4 times a year.

ANY GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS ON A LONG-LASTING, WET/DRY TIRE THAT HAS A DECENT LEVEL OF CORNERING ABILITY?

A different twist on the tire question: I'm an all year, all weather (except for snow) commuter. I live in Seattle so we get a lot of rain. Throughout the summer I do 3 or so weekend rides through the corners where stickiness is nice. However, I'm logging 12K miles per year, don't want to replace tires 4 times a year.

ANY GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS ON A LONG-LASTING, WET/DRY TIRE THAT HAS A DECENT LEVEL OF CORNERING ABILITY?
Same here. I just mounted a set of Pilot Roads - my tire guy was pretty impressed with the way they mounted and balanced, almost no weight added.

Same here.  I just mounted a set of Pilot Roads - my tire guy was pretty impressed with the way they mounted and balanced, almost no weight added.
the Pilot Roads do well on wet roads; get good mileage out of them - like 10K+?

(SportCommuter @ Sep. 03 2006,01:11) A different twist on the tire question: I'm an all year, all weather (except for snow) commuter. I live in Seattle so we get a lot of rain. Throughout the summer I do 3 or so weekend rides through the corners where stickiness is nice. However, I'm logging 12K miles per year, don't want to replace tires 4 times a year.

Avon 45/46 or Metzeler Z6's

(bigoltool @ Sep. 06 2006,17:19)
(SportCommuter @ Sep. 03 2006,01:11) A different twist on the tire question: I'm an all year, all weather (except for snow) commuter. I live in Seattle so we get a lot of rain. Throughout the summer I do 3 or so weekend rides through the corners where stickiness is nice. However, I'm logging 12K miles per year, don't want to replace tires 4 times a year.

Avon 45/46 or Metzeler Z6's
+1 on the Avon 45 & 46 combo. 6500 miles out of the rear ridden aggressively is normal. Also grips well enough to pound the twisties wet or dry.

(SportCommuter @ Sep. 03 2006,17:50) the Pilot Roads do well on wet roads; get good mileage out of them - like 10K+?
SC - I can't say anything about the Roads, I just put them on and I'm waiting for my new chain to get here.

Gixster swears by them, though. FWIW....
biggrin.gif

I'm interested in the Pilot Roads. Anyone have feedback on those? Surely there must be someone that has used them for an extended period.

(psalm69 @ Sep. 07 2006,07:18) I'm interested in the Pilot Roads. Anyone have feedback on those? Surely there must be someone that has used them for an extended period.
I have used a rear pilot road on my last bike (GS1150ES). Fairly nice stick, lasted about 5K miles not my fave but a good tire overall.

Back