New Tires Pilot Power 2CTs

Stepsidez71

Registered
I got my new tires installed last week. I was able to ride a little bit on wensday before leaving to go to a Convention in Atlanta for the weekend. These tires made a huge difference in the way the bike feels after having the worn down the Factory Bridgestones. Bike feels 100 lbs lighter and turns in alot quicker. They also stick like crazy. Now I just need to relearn how to ride after riding on the old tires for so long I forgot how to really corner.

Overall I will say these are really good tires, and would recommend these to anybody who asks.

I'm running a set also. Wait til they break in a little. I love em. They ride better than anything I've tried thus far.

I got my new tires installed last week. I was able to ride a little bit on wensday before leaving to go to a Convention in Atlanta for the weekend. These tires made a huge difference in the way the bike feels after having the worn down the Factory Bridgestones. Bike feels 100 lbs lighter and turns in alot quicker. They also stick like crazy. Now I just need to relearn how to ride after riding on the old tires for so long I forgot how to really corner.

Overall I will say these are really good tires, and would recommend these to anybody who asks.
what other tires have you run on the bike?

I'm running 2ct's on my GSXR with no issues. A great street tire, but only one of several great tires out there.

They are an awesome all-round performer. I've run numerous sets of those and can attest to their quality.

:beerchug:

Nuttin' like a new pair o'shoes.

According to what you ask of the PP's defines their quality. If you are a wheelie guy, they are poor to say the least. With their agressive race type profile combined with their thin carcass makes them quite difficult to balance side to side. If you are agressive on the brakes, they tend to squirm due to the thin sidewalls. However, you can increase the air pressure to improve braking at the expense of tire temp. Due to their thin casing the tire gives less feedback than do the heavier sidewall tires such as Pirelli Corsa III's or Dunlops Qualifier among others.

Personally, although they do provide decent grip, I find PP's to be average at best.

According to what you ask of the PP's defines their quality. If you are a wheelie guy, they are poor to say the least. With their agressive race type profile combined with their thin carcass makes them quite difficult to balance side to side. If you are agressive on the brakes, they tend to squirm due to the thin sidewalls. However, you can increase the air pressure to improve braking at the expense of tire temp. Due to their thin casing the tire gives less feedback than do the heavier sidewall tires such as Pirelli Corsa III's or Dunlops Qualifier among others.

Personally, although they do provide decent grip, I find PP's to be average at best.

I didnt notice the wheelie problem. They do squirm a little until they warm up. The big thing I noticed with them is that they seem very psi sensitive.If they get a little low you can realy feel it. I hope they last as long as the origanal powers.

Kevin Schwantz uses the regular PP's on his track school. The 2CT is stickier than the PPs but who needs the extra sticky stuff if you're not looking at lap times. PPs is more than you need for street riding and has more than ample grip on the track.

Kevin Schwantz uses the regular PP's on his track school. The 2CT is stickier than the PPs but who needs the extra sticky stuff if you're not looking at lap times. PPs is more than you need for street riding and has more than ample grip on the track.

If you are going to run in A group, in hot weather etc... you will need something more than PP's to really rail a Busa on the track. Also, PP 2CT's don't do well as a track tire on a heavy Busa. they get greasy about 10 minutes into a session. Believe me, I've ran a LOT of different tires and ride harder than most - both on the track and the street.

Pilot Powers are a good all around tire, but don't over sell them for being good enough to do serious track days. They get slick and traction falls off early because they are simply too soft for the heavy bikes.... pony up for DOT race tires for track days... they work MUCH better!

Back