New Tires On The Way!!!

SSGT_B

Registered
The bike has Dunlop GPA's on it when i got it and they have never left me feeling comfortable. Combine that with the uneven wear on them, I decided to get new shoes. Diablo Rosso II Pirelli's 120/70/17 and 190/55/17. Hope these give me that want to lean feeling back. Also went ahead and got a 42t sprocket and speedo healer. It has a -1 front already. That combined should liven things up a bit. Now to get the R1 throttle tube, steering damper, rear sets and a tune.

Your current Pirelli tires are a good choice and more applicable for street riding with the occasional track day tossed in. The Dunlop GPA is a full on Race tire made here in America. My personal preference along with most in my circle is Dunlop's Q3 for street & track use. I my view, the Q3 is as close to race tire performance as you can find in a street tire. The GPA is elbow dragging equipment in proper hands. The negative side for street use is it requires more heat that can be generated on the streets to reach maximum grip. However, when the GPA reaches 175 degrees the grip is phenomenal.

I use the Pirelli Angel GT's and love them. I don't have lots of experience with sport bike tires (just switched from a Sportster), but so far so good.

Im stoked. Just looked at the date code on the GPAs and the front was 09 and rear was 10.

UPDATE

as Im typing this reply, the door bell rings.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Isn't stock rear sprocket on a Gen II 43? So you went down 1 ? ???

So, where did you buy the tires and how much were they?
Also what's the date code on the new tires you just got?

I have a gen1, stock is 40. Got the tires from Chaparral. 99.88 front and 152.88 rear with free shipping

Back