New tire help

marks1340busa

Registered
need new sneakers for my baby.. i like the stock ones but only got 4500 miles out of them.. thinking about getting pilot 2ct's but keep hearing about these Shinko's.. can any ones shed some light on these tires

shinko's are the way to roll... its like comparing jordans to payless sneakers. Go with the 003stealth for ggod street fun and some race action. if you really like to race get the 003 U-Soft front and back. You might here different from others, but we run grudge bikes at 66-69inches with shinko's. I'm talking some good decent HP NOS bikes. Can usually get both for under$200 stay with the original sizes front and back. :beerchug:

this was one of our street et bikes with a 190/50/17 U-Soft on it. bike was 68" with a GOOD shot of NOS.

Jarion pics 020.jpg

need new sneakers for my baby.. i like the stock ones but only got 4500 miles out of them.. thinking about getting pilot 2ct's but keep hearing about these Shinko's.. can any ones shed some light on these tires

I got 5k out of my stock rear, the front is still ok, I went with shinko 005,I wanted the same or more out the rear, it sounds like a daily driver and that 003 is made for the strip.
Posted via Mobile Device

the 003 U-soft is really soft and will wear quick. I had a 005 and liked it. if it hooks for ya... thats your baby. it just isnt soft enough for us. The 003 stealth will last a while.... but if you want a longlasting tire... go with the 005 Raven, I think thats what its called.

I run the 008 Shinko Slick on mine... street and strip. Hooks like a $2 crack ho...sorry ladies...lol I could resist it

Last edited:
How many miles can I expect to get from my stock tires on my Gen 2 Busa without smoking them or abusing them? Seems to me I should at least get a couple of years out of them if treated nicely????

I wouldn't expect over 5K (rear)..... just sayin' :whistle:

got 4800 (rear) and 7K (front) on mine - normal riding (no wheelies, burnouts, etc)

Last edited:
How many miles can I expect to get from my stock tires on my Gen 2 Busa without smoking them or abusing them? Seems to me I should at least get a couple of years out of them if treated nicely????

All in how you ride i have seen some hit 7000mil and some only get 1500mil i got 5000mil out of my front the back was toast at 2000mil

I guess I'm going to have to change my tires out every time I change my oil?There has to be longer lasting tires out there for the Busa without compromising safety?....Any suggestions?

I guess I'm going to have to change my tires out every time I change my oil?There has to be longer lasting tires out there for the Busa without compromising safety?....Any suggestions?

Michelin
Pilot Road 2 2ct Rear Tire
2s8l5z5.jpg
* Independent tests confirm the Pilot Road 2 offers better wet grip and longer tread life than any of its competitors.
* How did Michelin incorporate these two contradictory traits in one tire? MotoGP-derived 2CT technology makes it possible, using two distinct rubber compounds to achieve what was once thought impossible
Front pilot road 2 2ct
9a7p0p.jpg
ask FISHHOOK about these tires he ride the hell out of the bike and get over like 7000mil out of his i won a back tire this weekend and and it hooks

Last edited:
Shinkos are good tires for street use. I use them on twisties and so far they stick better than some premium brands. However, shinko wears quick. But the price should be offset the quick wear. Pilot Road 2ct is an exellent tire, but too pricey for me. If you don't mind quick wear and willing to shell out for some crazy traction for agressive twisties and canyons, try Dunlop GP-A. But be careful, they are slow to warm.
Posted via Mobile Device

the shinko pricetag is welcoming..my friend has the 2ct's on his 1000 and loves em. but i want the assurance of when i lean her over that she is gonna STICK!! i dont mind spending a lil more now rather than when i am laid up because grip let go

I'm no expert but I believe the Shinko is for 1/8 and 1/4 mile runs. See them all the time at the track. For everyday use and great mileage it's looking like the Michelin PP2s or Avon Storm AV56/55. The CT2's won't get you any better mileage. I ran numerous sets on an '06 I owned. 5K was about it on the rear. I'm hearing you can double that with the PP2s and Avon Storms. The Michelin is probably going to be around $200 rear while I got my Storm for $165. Georgiabusa05 just reported on his Michelins and TufBusa likes the Storms.

I had one Shinko and it caused a heavy vibration at higher speeds, wore out after about 2000 miles and flattened out to a nice 3 to 4 inch tire patch after about 500 miles making it hard to carve corners. It's the only tire the guy had for a Busa and I was out of state on a Saturday with a major failure from road debris.

Back