New Tire Blues

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Big Red @ Mar. 15 2008 said:
1338623[/ATTACH] PM]
I bought a pair of BT-021'S for the Busa last week but didn't have time to break them in. So After putting up a wooden fence in the morning I decided to take the bike out and get at least 100 miles on them. After about 130 miles I was feeling more confident about them so I started leaning the bike a little more aggessively in the corners---no problem. I stopped for gas and then started to get on the freeway; when I hit second the back tire spun up on me. My other tires have never done that. I think I made a very bad tire choice. Anybody else have this problem with the dual compound tires?
thanks for the 1st impressions report...i'm out on the 21's...i'll stick with my dunlop quali's for now...and?...through the spring bash.
biggrin.gif
Hey Jinks, how the hell are you? Glad to see you are still enjoying those Q's.

I am trying out the Pirelli Corsa III's and I do believe they are right up there with the Q's and may last a bit longer? If you get a chance, try the Corsa III's. I'd be interested in your feedback.

zzwhip.gif

Red, I just had the 21's installed and have about 50 miles on them so far. I have tried to get them to spin, but I have to be really agressive to get it to turn over. I purchased them because of the dual compound. I will keep you posted if I have any issues with them, but so far I am really happy with my purchase.  
beerchug.gif
I need a set of the new BT021's . Can you post or send me a PM telling where you bought your tires from ?

Thanks

Back