New thought -- supercharger

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys,
Being newly single and having more money than brains. I am getting ready to buy my fourth Busa (second Gen 2). I'd like thoughts on the rotex supercharger. Is it basic bolt on and tune? Are there any big things that I need to look out for? I don't want to go turbo simply because most forced induction projects are. Drop some knowledge on me please.

More questions.... Reliability and rideability? The rotex stg 1 is 230bhp.... I don't want or need anymore than that. No drag strip ... primarily just the novelty of having a supercharged Busa with power on tap. I'm a big guy, 6'2" @ 265. I turn 45 the day after Christmas... mid-life crisis...................... maybe lolol.

Ok guys,
Being newly single and having more money than brains. I am getting ready to buy my fourth Busa (second Gen 2). I'd like thoughts on the rotex supercharger. Is it basic bolt on and tune? Are there any big things that I need to look out for? I don't want to go turbo simply because most forced induction projects are. Drop some knowledge on me please.
there is nothn basic and bolt on about anything forced induction. there will be drama and headaches just as there are with Turbos. u want basic then stay stock.

and ull be bored with 230 hp in about a week. especially weighing 265 lbs. WAY more potential with a Turbo. wanna go faster just buy any alky kit or ultra plenum and turn up the boost. if thats not enough then get a bigger turbo.

eventually ull hav to upgrade the bottom end tho. there is a reason 99% of forced induction motorcycles are Turbo vs. blower. I think the blower can be great if you go all out but a stg 1 kit will bore you pretty fast imo.

there is nothn basic and bolt on about anything forced induction. there will be drama and headaches just as there are with Turbos. u want basic then stay stock.

and ull be bored with 230 hp in about a week. especially weighing 265 lbs. WAY more potential with a Turbo. wanna go faster just buy any alky kit or ultra plenum and turn up the boost. if thats not enough then get a bigger turbo.

eventually ull hav to upgrade the bottom end tho. there is a reason 99% of forced induction motorcycles are Turbo vs. blower. I think the blower can be great if you go all out but a stg 1 kit will bore you pretty fast imo.

Thanks for weighing in. I was hoping one of you builders would give me some input. I'm still on the fence about doing this. My last 3 Busas were stock plus normal mods. I guess my biggest concern about the turbo (forgive my ignorance) is that I believe that the curve is non-linear. I have a decent amount of experience with a blown cage and like the way the power is linear relative to RPMs. I'm operating on a bit of an assumption that holds true on a bike. Please advise... Thanks

I guess my biggest concern about the turbo (forgive my ignorance) is that I believe that the curve is non-linear. I have a decent amount of experience with a blown cage and like the way the power is linear relative to RPMs.

Just slap on a boost controller to adjust the wastegate. It will help spool up by clamping shut till the defined PSI and also allow you to adjust the power with a button press.

Now you can get more power earlier (if your turbo is correctly sized) as well as better top end. I don't see any drawback.

SC isn't any safer, you're physically limited with the gearing, and generally more expensive to boot.

Back