New take on Rostra cruise control !

Ooh been waiting for this! Very interesting arrangement. You have raised the mod documentation level to new heights! Ok where is the rest of it??

Last edited:
DSC_2145.JPG
DSC_2138.JPG
DSC_2146.JPG

Humm. Little concerned about the CC cable fouling the throttle cable. When the CC is engaged it uses the slack in the ball chain to allow you to still turn the throttle (I thought). Looks like when the ball chain is slack it could get fouled with the throttle.

Humm. Little concerned about the CC cable fouling the throttle cable. When the CC is engaged it uses the slack in the ball chain to allow you to still turn the throttle (I thought). Looks like when the ball chain is slack it could get fouled with the throttle.

MIne ran like that for years with no issues, it was always slack.

Just an FYI here, if anyone thinks that it engages to hard, the trick on the bike is to make a Bell crank extension.
Basically the cable needs to pull more. By making it longer, it gives you a softer engagement.
Ive added a pic from a Concours 14 for reference

20140217_185444 (Copy).jpg

Its morning @ 12:18 am, and I just got back from a test ride. All is great in the land of cruise control ! I'm so glad to have this mod installed, and working correctly.
I couldn't go to sleep so brew a little coffee, radio on, and set to work. Once finished the DJ on the radio said @ 3 am heavy storms moving in followed by rain allday Sunday.
So that meant test ride tonight/morning before the storm.

Glad to see you have it all installed and working as it should Bryan!! You are going to love this mod and I hope you get many miles out of it.

Excellent work man! I was thinking also that putting the servo motor where you did the weight would probably be irrelevant. I have it in the tail where it is pretty far from the CG - worst place. I am actually thinking of removing my CC (my Busa is now retired from long ride duties), but if I don't I think I'll follow your lead.

Excellent work man! I was thinking also that putting the servo motor where you did the weight would probably be irrelevant. I have it in the tail where it is pretty far from the CG - worst place. I am actually thinking of removing my CC (my Busa is now retired from long ride duties), but if I don't I think I'll follow your lead.
Let me know if you decide to sell, as i would be more than happy to save some money buying a used unit to put on the concours.

Its morning @ 12:18 am, and I just got back from a test ride. All is great in the land of cruise control ! I'm so glad to have this mod installed, and working correctly.

Did the under tank mount work for the control box? Any issues or changes? I would like to do this mod. It would be nice to set the speed and just cruise and not worry about speeding. On these bikes it is so easy to speed unintentionally.

Did the under tank mount work for the control box? Any issues or changes? I would like to do this mod. It would be nice to set the speed and just cruise and not worry about speeding. On these bikes it is so easy to speed unintentionally.
No issues yet . I'll be leaving on a 4500 mile road trip were the unit will be used for 2000 to 3000 of the miles.
Start date 10/19/18

C10 is the bomb on his documentation. When I was doing a lot of garage time, I would always start by planning things out and asking myself "what would someone who knows little want me to show them?" Usually I found out it was the same question I had myself! Lol!. C10 has elevated that and his videos are always first look when I get on the site!

Thank you Willie . I wanted to add that a non ABS bike has a greater amount of room under the tank to mount the servo . Now that my ABS has been removed I see all this real estate for a better set up . However no plans to move my servo yet . One thing is never change something that works well just before a big trip .

Did you give it a good "stress" test?!?

Yes it was absolutely trouble free for the entire 3500 mile trip , and all the months prior to this trip .
Found resume works very well as never used that function before . I was always setting different speeds prior to this trip . The only thing I do not like is initial setting of speed it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it catches so I hold the throttle tube till it takes over . Resume function is instant start to take over . A few notes to 1st time users is due to power / weight when cruise takes over it feels weird , and scary it accelerating on its own so quickly . Say you add one button touch to cruise speed using the increase speed its 1 mph , but it jumps up 3 to 4 mph at 1st then settles back to 1 mph over the 1st set speed . When this happens its like OH CRAP !
No worries though its just something to know , and remember .

Back