New Stator And Rectifier

Busarider2007

Registered
Hey guys i got a new stator and a new rectifier on my gen1 yesterday and on my way home i coulda sworn i seen my speedo needle bounce while i was revving it at idle. Just once though. Anyway i have a few questions
1.what could that mean
2.should i get a new battery (almost 2 years old and might be shorted) gotta do a check on it
3. Should i change my oil so my stators swimming in new oil.
Thank you very much fellas and any answers would definently be appreciated!

If you "think" you seen it just once. Then your probably just over sensitive due to new work being done to your baby. Ride it and enjoy.

Lmao you aint lying brother ive been "what was that sound?!?!" The whole ride home lol as for the other things im still curious about. Probably gonna do them both anyway but for future reference down the road

If your battery is good I wouldn't worry about replacing it, unless your just wanting to upgrade. I don't think your stator is in oil, so I wouldn't worry about that unless you bike is due for a service.

Yeah ima check it i was just wondering if my previous stator failure plus rectifier failure mightve caused some sort of damage to the battery and as for the stator i didnt know that so thanks!

Could try checking for a loose battery terminal or dodgy kill switch, anything that could cause the bike to 'cycle' through the turning on or resetting power procedure.

Back