new starter clutch and bike wont crack please help....

busarider2015

Registered
hello installed a new starter clutch on my busa i hear a wind when i hit the start button...and no crack or anything...what could be wrong???2002 busa,could it be my starter went bad...i did open it to check it..but will it do a feint wind???please help

That wind is your starter. I think your good there. Are you sure you assembled everything correctly when you put it back together?

yeah i lined it up with,timing like with the nothch in the shaft...just motor is not cracking,just wind down there thats it...only other thing i did was spray contact cleaner on all my connectors,

First off how do you know the problem was the starter clutch, and Not the starter or the starter gear, that is the most common problem on the 99 to 02's

I had a dude put the starter clutch in backwards before. I have also seen people buy used starter clutches that were worse than the ones they took out.

this is a new starter clutch,,my busa has been up grade to 2003 all starter system for a while there was nothing wrong before i put it in accept for when it was hot it would drag before it started so i decided to put in a new starter clutch am doing a vidoe right now of me reinstalling it would be very nice if you guys can chime in see if i did it right and whats wrong..going to make video now thank you

Either you have the starter clutch in the wrong way round, the New gear is not engaging with the small cog to the drive for the engine or your battery voltage is too low.

anyone have ideads??

Take the two round silver inspection covers off that bottom cover and do it again, look at what is going on downstairs. Hopefully you don't see the starter clutch moving. Then take the top small cover off, hold the pin for the idler gear with your thumb (better with the spark plugs out) and tap the starter button lightly to see whats up. Last thing is to take the idler gear out, and hit the starter button again to see how and if that starter is turning. Your set pin holes looked a little hammered, but that just may be that nasty sealant somebody used. Find the problem, fix it, clean the gasket surfaces and put a few gaskets in, less than $20 .:laugh: . .

Take the two round silver inspection covers off that bottom cover and do it again, look at what is going on downstairs. Hopefully you don't see the starter clutch moving. Then take the top small cover off, hold the pin for the idler gear with your thumb (better with the spark plugs out) and tap the starter button lightly to see whats up. Last thing is to take the idler gear out, and hit the starter button again to see how and if that starter is turning. Your set pin holes looked a little hammered, but that just may be that nasty sealant somebody used. Find the problem, fix it, clean the gasket surfaces and put a few gaskets in, less than $20 .:laugh: . .

i look at the lil inspection hole and the starter clutch part that spins is spinning when i hit the starter,also the starter with the cover off is spinning,now am go take the big inspection bolt off and look to see is the starter clutch is moving the one with the bolt in the center you say cause the gear is moving when i hit the start button

ok i just did that the big inspection hole inside does not move with the bolt,the lil inspection hole the gear moves,this is puzzling me as it was working before only problem i had was when it got hot after 10 min of riding,she would not start untill she cooled a lil but this has been going on for a while,could it be my starter went bad and is not spinning fast enough??

Either you have the starter clutch in the wrong way round, the New gear is not engaging with the small cog to the drive for the engine or your battery voltage is too low.

did you see the video?did it look like the starter clutch is wrong??how would it go on wrong?thank you

Back