New Site to check out!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, my buddy has started up a new site, its not just Busa's tis for the true motorcycle enthusiasts!
Check it out!

Link

Good site. Everything i already have. Lack of interest on my part!

winkold.gif

I guess I am at a bit of a loss.... what direction is the site trying to take? I have a pure video site about to come online.. no forum, parts etc, just links and collections of videos in one place...

It feels like a site that should have some kind of news articles or opinions on products.. (just the look of the site)

I guess it feels like a lot going on but nothing happening if that makes sense

I do like the "To the Point" bike review format... I think I would make that a bit more prominent a link than an "Also here" feeling thing..

That's gonna be a tough undertaking to keep information updated on all motorcycles. I'm sure the users will help, but administering the site will be tough. Looks like a very clean layout, though. Just need to get it populated and see where it takes you.

I guess I am at a bit of a loss....  what direction is the site trying to take?    I have a pure video site about to come online.. no forum, parts etc, just  links and collections of videos in one place...

It feels like a site that should have some kind of news articles or opinions on products.. (just the look of the site)

I guess it feels like a lot going on but nothing happening  if that makes sense

I do like the "To the Point" bike review format... I think I would make that a bit more prominent a link than an "Also here" feeling thing..
we have probably around 20 or so more directories on there but they are turned off till we are happy with the layout of them. the site once everything is in place should cover everything for our sport (how to's, racing, track days, track locations, charities, bike weeks events, purchasing guides, dealer locators, aftermarket parts dealers, news articles, etc.)

all directories users can write there own articles (with admin approval), write reviews etc

we're also trying to make it a fun place to post too with features such as sound smiles, video in your post, play a song etc

and like previously mentioned the whole site is gonna be customizeable to how you want to view it once each field is completed including the forums (not done yet but will be soon) so if you only want to show 2 forums you can and only those two forums data will load not all the others.

That's gonna be a tough undertaking to keep information updated on all motorcycles.  I'm sure the users will help, but administering the site will be tough.  Looks like a very clean layout, though.  Just need to get it populated and see where it takes you.
its actually not that bad, I can enter in the year lineup for all models in about 20 hours. that time now that its open and I assign some site admins should cut that time down even more.

my brother coded the site to be very simple to admin, all I have to do is go into a directory and I already will know how many new articles etc that needs approval and with a few clicks thats taken care of.

That's gonna be a tough undertaking to keep information updated on all motorcycles.  I'm sure the users will help, but administering the site will be tough.  Looks like a very clean layout, though.  Just need to get it populated and see where it takes you.
its actually not that bad, I can enter in the year lineup for all models in about 20 hours. that time now that its open and I assign some site admins should cut that time down even more.

my brother coded the site to be very simple to admin, all I have to do is go into a directory and I already will know how many new articles etc that needs approval and with a few clicks thats taken care of.
Cool!

Back