New Shoes!!!

Zoinks!

Registered
So far they only have about 60 miles on em, but so far I LOVE them! They're bt-016's. Tripple compound rear, dual compound front. They also perform a lot better than the 56's. The steering response is so much better, the turn in is quicker. It makes the bike feel about 100lb lighter. Now I just can't wait till they're broken in so I can run em a little harder.

0913081407.jpg

0913081408.jpg

Nice tires, my riding buddy's new ZX-10R came with a set and he speaks highly of them,let us know how they last if you can.

I think you made a good choice. I have not been on the 16 but am impressed with the 15. I think I'll give the BT016's a shot soon?

So far I'm very happy with them. They now have about 145 miles on em and I rode Paris Mtn a little while ago. Didn't push real hard cause I wasn't sure if they were broken in enough yet, but I just wanted to scrub the sides a little farther. They handle very nicely. Give a good bit of feedback and as I said before the turn in and steering response is MUCH better than the 56's. It acts like a different bike. I'll keep y'all posted on how they wear. If they do like they're supposed to and wear fairly even, and how long they last. I'm pretty excited about em.:thumbsup:

That a good choice too, a buddy just put a set on his ZRX 1100 after riding his last set over the limit by about 2500 miles. I think he did it just to shut me up, then bought it back over and told me to take it for a ride 'cause he said to front felt light and twichy. LOL So not wanting to miss a chance to ride somthin' different, I put about a quick 20 miles on and told him it was fine, you just don't have to horse the bike any more. A simple "oh" was his reply:laugh:

That a good choice too, a buddy just put a set on his ZRX 1100 after riding his last set over the limit by about 2500 miles. I think he did it just to shut me up, then bought it back over and told me to take it for a ride 'cause he said to front felt light and twichy. LOL So not wanting to miss a chance to ride somthin' different, I put about a quick 20 miles on and told him it was fine, you just don't have to horse the bike any more. A simple "oh" was his reply:laugh:

Hahaha! At first I kinda thought the same thing, but then I realized that it was just a much better tire!!!

Just starting to get em scrubbed up a bit, but so far they're wearing beautifully. However, you can't really say much off of 145 miles, so I'll keep everyone posted.

New tires 001.jpg

New tires 002.jpg

New tires 004.jpg

Oh, and for those of you that are wondering what the heck Paris Mtn is, it's my little miniature dragon here in greenville. It's about 1/3 of the turns and 1/2 the distance, but it's still fun. Counted/clocked it about 30 min. ago. It's 74 turns in 6 miles. A lot of fun to ride at night too. Especially just cruisin and enjoying the scenery. You can see all of Greenville from up there.

How do the feel? You break them in yet...

Yea, they're pretty well broken in now. I've got about 200 miles on em. They feel really good. They stick well, give pretty good feedback, have excelent response. They really make the bike feel about 100lb lighter. I can throw it around a lot better now than I could with the 56's. It gives me a little more confidence knowing I can move quicker now. Like if I get in a bad situation I can react a lot faster. . . Well, I can move the bike faster. My response time is the same, but the bike moves much more quickly and with less effort than with the 56's. So far I would definitely recomend these tires to anyone that needs a new set. As I said before, I'll definitely keep everyone posted on the mileage I get out of em, and how the wear pattern forms.

Back