New shock on extended swingarm?

Fredyp33

Registered
I'm thinking about putting on an extended swingarm over the winter. And was just wondering if anybody had to get a new shock, or have their shock professionally adjusted to accommodate the added leverage.

I'm not completely fixed on the length, but was thinking somewhere between 6, 7, or 8 inches.

Depending on your weight you will probably due to the longer lever action of an extended arm you will atleast need to go to a heavier spring to compensate.

I had to when I was 3" over for it to work correctly at the strip.

Well, I'm only 180 lbs. So is their any chance of sticking with the stock spring on a 7inch extended swingarm? Or is getting the spring resprung inevitable?

Stock busa at standard length is sprung for spproximately 165lb rider according to racetech website

Hit this guy up, I'm sure he's flexible. He's had this thing on craigslist for months now.

3m93pd3oe5Y55Z15S2aan438b1a3313a014ae.jpg

yes, I've you change the distance of the axle to the pivot point you should adjust/swap suspension. It seems you alrady understand why. :beerchug:

Check out the Progressive Suspension setup made just for extended swingarms. The best $495 you will ever spend on your baby!!!

Only 172 lbs here and I put a hole in the bottom of my undertail.

Daniel at Cloudnine swapped my spring out for me. Problem solved

Back