New Shelby gt500

That will be interesting. I don't think it will affect the prices of the Hellcat or Demon much if any. I had a 14 Shelby with 650HP. It had the straight rear axle so the new one should be an improvement.

IMG_0605.JPG

That will be interesting. I don't think it will affect the prices of the Hellcat or Demon much if any. I had a 14 Shelby with 650HP. It had the straight rear axle so the new one should be an improvement.

View attachment 1587221
I got a 14 coyote that is all paid up.... im just waiting for someone to drop their prices.. I know when the hellcat came out people paid over 80 grand to get one.. and these are hellcats we are talking about... NOT demons…. I wanna be alllll done at 60-65k.... either a vette/gt500/ or hellcat..

I got a 14 coyote that is all paid up.... im just waiting for someone to drop their prices.. I know when the hellcat came out people paid over 80 grand to get one.. and these are hellcats we are talking about... NOT demons…. I wanna be alllll done at 60-65k.... either a vette/gt500/ or hellcat..
I liked the feel of the 14 or Hellcat because the 15+ Mustangs are lower and remind me more of getting in and out of my old Vette's.

I like the feel of the bigger car like the Hellcat these days. Not working now so I won't ever own another again unless I win the lotto! Driving a minivan now but still have the bikes...

GT500 are awesome cars but they feel very different than Corvettes. I love both, don't get me wrong not taking sides here. I think Ford got it right with the 2015+ redesign of the Mustang, it was a HUGE improvement.

I liked the feel of the 14 or Hellcat because the 15+ Mustangs are lower and remind me more of getting in and out of my old Vette's.

I like the feel of the bigger car like the Hellcat these days. Not working now so I won't ever own another again unless I win the lotto! Driving a minivan now but still have the bikes...
thing is... I never had cars like this before.. lotta commitment and years and years of hanging in there to allow me to do this.... I really like my mustang… but if they start with the price gouging... they can keep it... I can wait a maximum of one more year for a gt500 to come down on their prices(as ford has a history of gouging customers on high end mustangs)… and I finally am eligible for the gooooooood financing... I made 760 on my credit score.... I got my poker face on.

Last edited:
thing is... I never had cars like this before.. lotta commitment and years and years of hanging in there to allow me to do this.... I really like my mustang… but if they start with the price gouging... they can keep it... I can wait a maximum of one more year for a gt500 to come down on their prices(as ford has a history of gouging customers on high end mustangs)… and I finally am eligible for the gooooooood financing... I made 760 on my credit score.

Yep when a new model comes out they always try to get 5k to 10 over sticker. If you are looking for an older GT500 they should come down. There are some nice low mileage ones out there...

Yep when a new model comes out they always try to get 5k to 10 over sticker. If you are looking for an older GT500 they should come down. There are some nice low mileage ones out there...
i cant do anything used.... its cheaper for me to just buy new..... been there done that... I have to have a warranty and this is my DD..... its getting studded snow tires JUST like my coyote.....

I’m currently on a 2k plus mile trip on my 2013 GT and is always a fun car. The 6 speed manual is absolute garbage and locks you out of gears at high revs though. The new one still has the same manual getrag MT-82 garbage and feels smaller inside. I rented one to try it and didn’t like it, except for the upgraded powertrain. I’ll keep mine and turbo it one day, after building the trans that is..........

My coworker paid $70k plus for a 2013 GT500 black and lost his a$$ on it when ford decided to make/sale the car in 2014 as well. He sold it with less that 10k miles on it. I hope they would get cheap enough one day, that I’ll be able to get my hands on one, without breaking the bank.

I’m currently on a 2k plus mile trip on my 2013 GT and is always a fun car. The 6 speed manual is absolute garbage and locks you out of gears at high revs though. The new one still has the same manual getrag MT-82 garbage and feels smaller inside. I rented one to try it and didn’t like it, except for the upgraded powertrain. I’ll keep mine and turbo it one day, after building the trans that is..........

My coworker paid $70k plus for a 2013 GT500 black and lost his a$$ on it when ford decided to make/sale the car in 2014 as well. He sold it with less that 10k miles on it. I hope they would get cheap enough one day, that I’ll be able to get my hands on one, without breaking the bank.
everyone says the mt82 is poop.... I dunno.. mine is flawless... powershifting and all.... as far as 70K for a live rear axle gt500.... ahhhhhhh… im glad im not him... in my mind its bad enough I gotta pay MSRP... never ever more than that... my 14 gt is paid.. im currently waiting for someone to be reasonable with price on one of these monsters (hellcat/vette/gt500).. looks like I may have to wait another year.

everyone says the mt82 is poop.... I dunno.. mine is flawless... powershifting and all.... as far as 70K for a live rear axle gt500.... ahhhhhhh… im glad im not him... in my mind its bad enough I gotta pay MSRP... never ever more than that... my 14 gt is paid.. im currently waiting for someone to be reasonable with price on one of these monsters (hellcat/vette/gt500).. looks like I may have to wait another year.
Mt-82s are hit or miss. I thought mine was ok, until I got comfortable with the car and gunned it and it locked me out of the gears. After 50k miles it started sounding like a bucket of bolts. I put fresh synthetic fluid (again), a one piece driveshaft, Barton shifter and bracket and a bigger hydraulic line to help with the clutch pedal staying on the floor when shifting at high rpms. I took it to ford several times and, of course, they couldn’t duplicate the issue or said it was normal for it to sound that way. I know that I’ll have to rebuild it and beef up the shift forks and all that, before I even try to push more power through it. A gt500 would be awesome!! They listed one in Miami for low $30k, but it was gone by the time I called them.

Back