New Rotors......Giggity, Giggity, Giggity

They look good ‘on’ too. Slightly different model than mine? They also work very well. Say, I like your combination door stop/sledge hammer/JW greeter. BTW slightly bending one of your door hinge pins will cause the door to stay where you put it. :)

They look good ‘on’ too. Slightly different model than mine? They also work very well. Say, I like your combination door stop/sledge hammer/JW greeter. BTW slightly bending one of your door hinge pins will cause the door to stay where you put it. :)
View attachment 1608807

Damn that looks good. Ive done the pin on the inside house doors. I get a draft through this one that constantly shuts the door. Did you notice a difference in braking when upgrading to these?

Damn that looks good. Ive done the pin on the inside house doors. I get a draft through this one hah constantly sits the door. Did you notice a difference in braking when upgrading to these?

Well I have noticed a better initial ’bite’ but my OEMs had over 65,000 miles on them so it’s a little hard to compare. I’ve always had HH pads and SS lines so my brakes always worked well. I changed them after finding my left fork was leaking and under hard braking one day I felt a shudder/shake that didn’t feel right. Maybe fork oil had fouled my pads? I’d noticed a very slight warp feeling for some time but only just as I came to a stop slowly, never at speed.

Agree they look good why did you change the OEM ones was it for the weight savings ? :thumbsup:
I got 45k on the stock ones and figured they needed changing. Also trying to get a better brake feel and operation. The stock ones are lacking to me. Hopefully with the recent caliper deep clean, new HH pads and these rotors, the brakes will feel and respond better. Weight savings was just a bonus. Figured I would post those numbers for those who are chasing numbers.

I got 45k on the stock ones and figured they needed changing. Also trying to get a better brake feel and operation. The stock ones are lacking to me. Hopefully with the recent caliper deep clean, new HH pads and these rotors, the brakes will feel and respond better. Weight savings was just a bonus. Figured I would post those numbers for those who are chasing numbers.
Did you put SS lines on too?

View attachment 1608807

BTW I've cleaned off the old glue patches from the weights. That pic was from the first ride trying them out and scrubbing in the new tire.:D

I quite certain I still have air in the system. I have no air coming out the bleeders, I have tied off the brake handle for days. Have cracked the banjo bolts open. And lastly I used the sander trick that @c10 was telling me about. 5min on the sander each side, highest point the line. Brake lever pulled in and excersized multiple times throughout. Possibly this is the best it will get but I still have doubts.

I quite certain I still have air in the system. I have no air coming out the bleeders, I have tied off the brake handle for days. Have cracked the banjo bolts open. And lastly I used the sander trick that @c10 was telling me about. 5min on the sander each side, highest point the line. Brake lever pulled in and excersized multiple times throughout. Possibly this is the best it will get but I still have doubts.

View attachment 1609257

View attachment 1609258

View attachment 1609259

Did you yell at it and stomp your feet? :laugh:

Darned things can be frustrating for sure...

Back