New redline headstem stand

teryx

Registered
Got my stand tonight, a little dissapointed, It will not lift from the floor without undue pressure on the fairing. so have to jack it up a bit at the header, then it clears and can finish the lift. It is great quality and very sturdy. I bought this one because it was to work from the floor I thought. Not tryin to rip Ian or anything,it is a quality piece.
IMG_3153.jpg
[/IMG] maybe thats just the way it is?

Not sure it has anything to do with Ian... I don't have a Redline stand, but mine hits the fairing, too.

dont think Ian has anything he can do, but if I had known, I am sure the pitbull works the same way, and with my OCD i would have liked to match the set.

by the way, I am not lowered, factory stock 2009 with 500 miles.

**********UPDATE***********

operator failer, this thing works GREAT, you just have to be carefull to get the pin all the way up into the headstem bolt. no jacking needed no plastics touched!!!:whistle::cheerleader:

**********UPDATE***********

operator failer, this thing works GREAT, you just have to be carefull to get the pin all the way up into the headstem bolt. no jacking needed no plastics touched!!!:whistle::cheerleader:

You mean you just were not good at getting it into the hole properly.:whistle:

Love my Pitbul stands. The rear was purchased from advice given by Macon, one man job, stand next to the bike, one hand on the left bar, the other on the stand and it is done. 5 minutes, if that to have the whole bike in the air.

015_edited-1.jpg

014_edited-1.jpg

that's good you figured that out about the stand. that's not a bad price . i have a JP racing rear stand that came with the bike when i bought it. haven't used it yet. those pitbull stands are nice. i usually don't have a lot of help so having a one person stand would be nice :laugh:

I would like to have been able to get the matching pitbull, but per there website you have to remove the fender, and since they use a larger diameter tubing I belive them, redline is a smidgen smaller in diameter, and I think if it was just a puss hair bigger, it probably would have the same issue. I'm happy all is good, now for new tires!

Back