New Redline Engineering Prototype Stand - Feedback Requested

Greed? Don't think so. If you have ever owned a business (I do) Liability Insurance is off the chain.........I believe $125-150 is a good competetive price.

Me likey alot. Looks like you'd be able to get front and rear tires/wheels off without having to adjust stand. Also, one center is still cheaper than a front/rear combo.

My only question would be how stable is it?

Guys, I can't say if this stand would fit a lowered busa at this time. It's hard enough trying to design a stand to fit all the stock bikes out there so when you start customizing your bike bike lowering it and stretching it and so on it makes it extremely hard to design around that because of 100 different busa owners they may have 95 different combinations. I can tell you that I won't offer this stand until it's been tested with a busa and passes with flying colors, just like all my Redline stands. As for the round tubing idea, that throws an engineering problem into the equation which could easily double the cost of the stand. Notice that the two pieces of the stand slide in and out of each other with square tubing. Then, as the bike is lifting the two pieces must be able to exert a torsion on each other in order to lift the bike. Round tubing would not satisfy this need because a round pipe inside another round pipe will just spin and even if you pin them together then having an infinite amount of width adjustment is gone. I'm glad to hear you guys are interested in the idea; please keep your suggestions coming.

Ian
REDLINE ENGINEERING - Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Honda Yamaha Kawasaki

I would say that is sturdy.
I thought croc's were extinct?:whistle:

Well how is production going???:whistle:

Well, the R&D is still going. Today I tried making some little plastic feet for the bottom of the stand and I'm not really happy with the outcome. I've had some customers suggest that the bottom of the stand needs to have feet that are plastic or rubberized but I don't know that I agree. The bottoms of Pit Bull and Redline stands are not rubberized so I don't really know that this stand needs it either. I have decided through testing to take some height out of the stand so it doesn't lift the bike so high plus I'm going to make the uprights of thicker steel. The guy who owned this busa didn't like how much it flexed with his heavy busa on it and though it appeared to have no chance of failing and dropping the bike I can sympathize that I wanted the stand to be a bit stiffer. It appears to lift the busa higher than it really is and that's because he's got the rear of his bike lowered, sending the rear tire closer to the bike. I've decided to keep this two piece configuration and not make the stand a three piece kit because today I discovered that the stand just barely falls under the oversize category for FedEx dimensions, thus I will not be charged extra to ship it due to its size. I'm considering making 10 or so of these stands and offering them on my website. If they sell quickly then I'll know that I need to get serious about quantity production, if not then forget about it.

Ian

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2705_resized.jpg

IMG_2707_resized.jpg

IMG_2709_resized.jpg

I want one. My bike is strickly for drag and I"m running a bar so the only way to use my pit bull is to remove the bar and install the spools, pain in the A$$ $200 sounds a little much though

Redline... .125 square tube should be more than enough to support a Busa.
True it will be heavy to move around, but it will feel beefy.

Back