New Redline Engineering Prototype Stand - Feedback Requested

RedlineStands

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, as per a recent customer's suggestion to fill a need for a stand like this we at Redline have designed a rough mock-up of a sport bike center stand. While stands like this are available in other parts of the world no U.S. stand manufacturers are offering anything like this and there are no U.S. patents on the idea as per our research. I'm posting this to get your general thoughts about the stand. I estimate the cost would be in the $150 to $200 region. This type of stand is attractive to us because it allows maintenance on the back of the bike with no spring pressure, plus because it lifts from nearly the center of the bike this makes lifting from underneath the header a no risk involved operation. Thus, the front and back suspension of the bike is completely open to maintenance with a minimal financial investment. So what do you think? Does the stand and price sound interesting enough to warrant a purchase if we at Redline Engineering chose to offer something like this? You guys are our customer base and your input is crucial in deciding on new products like this so please speak up and thanks in advance when you do.

Ian Gilmore
Index of /Center-Stand

Ian, I really like the design but have a couple of questions...
Minimal force required to over-center the stand to its "seated" position???
Also, how stable is the "footprint" of the stand when it is seated?? It looks at first glance to me that the angled support arm that comes off the back could be made longer / wider to improve the anchoring when the stand is seated...looks like it could topple forward if bumped just right with the smaller angle... BUT that is just me looking at it--- haven't seen it in use-- just my opinion / question... I love the design overall though:thumbsup:

Hey Coop, the base is quite stable and I think you'd be impressed. The uprights lean at the same 10 degrees as our stands and that seams to work well for us.

Ian

Looks to not be over center enough when raised. In addition, the legs look somewhat suspect, I would want something heavier. All in all, it is a very good idea, just needs some tuning. I realize this is just a mock-up for the physics. Looks like a winner to me. Also, round tubing is much more elegant.

Wow did that look easy in the video! :bowdown:

A stand that would allow easy, safe, simple deployment by one person would be a valuable tool. :thumbsup:

Just what I have been looking for. Some owners have put a rod through their swing arm pivot bolt and jacked the bike up with scissor jacks - looks a little scary to me, but I like the concept.

Once this stand is refined and shown to work well on a Busa - I will buy one!

Last edited:
wheel there be enough clearance for the stand if a bike is lowered and still retaining the OE wheelbase?

Looks very promising :beerchug::thumbsup:

Very good Ian...thanks for answering my questions..
I agree with some of the other guys--- I think the round tubular would look better / beefier (for lack of a better word). Also, as someone else said, will this design work as well for lowered bikes such as our busa's some with 2" or more of drop??? Ease of use for one guy is what I suppose this is designed around--- looks very promising to me too:cheerleader:

Hey Ian, Ian on a busa frame where would hook it into? Does it go into the big hole where the tanny bolts in at (downleg of the frame). What is the weight like bushing back on a 500+ pound busa on the stand? Looks real easy on your 400 pound R1. IT will work with your industrial stands?

Lemme know.
Looks like a awsome idea

How bout the frame pegs, are they heigh adjustable? Just wondering if the same stand will work on all my bikes?

Great idea, but how will this be beneficial over a rear swing arm stand. You can do the same work and services. Both methods prevent removing the swing arm. A rear stand will still allow you to re-torque the swing arm bearings, where this one won't.

would like to see it in use, have been designing one myself..great minds :beerchug:

Back