NEW RECRUIT

BIGBUSA

Registered
WASUP THIS IS MY FIRST POST WHAT TYPE OF XENON HEADLIGHT BULBS ARE BEST AND THE TWO SIZES FOR A 2002

It's a 9005 for the high beam, and a H7 for the low beam.

When you pull the H7 bulb out, it will be mounted to a gray adapter plug. Simply pull the two halves apart.

Also, make sure you dont go above 65W for either bulbs. I have heard stories of people going to 100W and melting the headlamp cover and wiring harnesses.

I put Xenon Super Plasma Bulbs from EuroLite in mine. The low beam definitely looks better, but the high beam seems out of focus and not as bright as stock.

Mike

Have you thought about HID lights? ICEMANN's got some. If you can afford it and have the space (for the ballast), HID is the, what's the term...SHE-IT.

Juggler,

I bought one of Ice's HIDs. It is great! The light is the same color as daylight and is easy on the eyes. It is easier to see things on the road with that color. Plus it is much brighter.

Iceman is helpful and honest too.

I put an H7 in the low beam and to me it's no where near as bright as the stock light was. I'm hoping to put a 9005 xenon in the high beams and just ride with those on all day and night because the H7 xenon bulb doesn't seem to be as bright.
And there's no way I can afford to spend all that money on the real thing.
Has anybody tried the Hayabusa Xenon kit from Tricktape.com? I'm interested in trying that one.

I put a set in mine from tricktape.. check them out they've got the hayabusa set for about 20$... it's the 100w... It hasn't melted anything yet.. although It does get warm on the front cover if your just sitting there letting it idle for a long time.. I dont' think it's getting hot enough to melt anything though.

Good luck! it does improve the lights.. especially the low beam.

I melted my front clear plastic right in front of the high beams with a 65W all-weather (yellowish) bulb. That is the same as stock wattage. It looks like someone bubbled it with a lighter but there is no black soot marks. Maybe I had some dirt on the inside of the plastic that absorbed the heat? That high beam magnifying glass can't help either.

A new headlight assembly is about $200. Anyone have an extra?
rock.gif

If your interested in an HID I have 4300K bright white w/blue hue bulbs and a digital ballast for the busa low beam. It's the one described above. I also have the "PURE" yellow 65 High beam bulbs that wont affect your housings. You probably had an "ion white" bulb which is a bright white w/yellow tinting or a painted yellow bulb which bubbled as it aged causing more direct heat in one spot which in turn has melted several people's front nose plastic's. Need the pure yellows if your going up to 65 watts.

icemann@ameritech.net if your interested in the HID's or yellows.

JD

Wake up Iceman, I already have one of your HIDs! The HID/lowbeam is not the problem. The high beam is. The All-weather bulb is not painted yellow. It is Clear with a almost invisible coating. Not cheap but still melted the plastic. I run mine full time but it shouldn't matter. Of all the damn things to go wrong!

Back