New rear strand

babybusa

Registered
New rear stand

Installed my swingarm extensions from BallZ (BTW Josh is great to work with.:thumbsup:) and found that my old rear stand wouldn't work anymore:banghead: I thought I needed a new stand but it looks like this setup will work just fine :lol:
:beerchug: CHEERS to all you busa peeps

stand.jpg

The jack stands are supporting and I used floor jack to raise it with my son holding the handle bars. It is pretty steady :please:

IMG00029.jpg

Device MemoryhomeuserpicturesIMG00032.jpg

Is the reason the stand wont work is because the stand hits the back tire before the stand can reach the spools.

If so here is what I did, I took a couple 2x12 boards approx 18" long, screwed them together ontop of each other to make a block of wood 18" long 12" wide and the thickness of two 2x12s screwed together. Then angle one side to make a ramp. You can roll the back of the bike onto the boards lifting the back of the bike allowing the stand to reach the spools before it hits the tire.

If thats not the reason it wont work I guess I just typed all this for nothing.

Is the reason the stand wont work is because the stand hits the back tire before the stand can reach the spools.

If so here is what I did, I took a couple 2x12 boards approx 18" long, screwed them together ontop of each other to make a block of wood 18" long 12" wide and the thickness of two 2x12s screwed together. Then angle one side to make a ramp. You can roll the back of the bike onto the boards lifting the back of the bike allowing the stand to reach the spools before it hits the tire.

If thats not the reason it wont work I guess I just typed all this for nothing.

You are correct about the stand hitting the back tire. I'm going to give your suggestion a try :bowdown:

Re: New rear stand

here is a $30 stand that i bought at Harbor Freight. Cycle Gear sells the exact one for around $100. When I had my bike stretched over 9", all i did was move the two uprights forward to the next hole and drilled out new holes for the front two bolts. The pic is with it at stock wheel base, but like i said, it worked on it also when it was stretched 9"

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

P1030179.jpg

Back