new rear sprocket

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
upgrading from the rear 17 tooth sprocket to the 43 I expect a performance increase :rolleyes:

sprocket.jpg

Hey, at least the tire rotational direction is correct :banghead:

Whoever let that sprocket get to that stage of worn-outness needs to go sit in the corner with a dunce hat on for the rest of the day!
Disgusting . . . :poke:

:banana: seemed fine to me till the chain slipped, chain has been working fine the last 6 years and 45K miles :poke::p

Busa1166 , you could very well be a bit of a crazy fella !! But despite this state of mind often being considered by some as a glaring fault , I personally do not subscribe to that negative reasoning . So , already I like you a lot , 'cos we may very well have crazy in common bro !! :rolleyes:

One thing to add to this discussion. I just installed my new chain and sprockets yesterday and when I re-balanced the rear wheel after installing the new sprocket, the tire took far less weight to balance. Previously took >1 1/4oz. and after took less than 1/2oz. Some of this could have been attributed to the excess crud accumulated behind the old sprocket. I gave it a thorough cleaning prior to installing new. Something to consider/not forget when altering rotating mass.
MVIMG_20180714_134129.jpg

I went 17/43 and the biggest thing I noticed was that it sucked in the rear wheel a little over a 1/4" Didn't change handling that I can feel, but it makes adjusting the chain a PIA. I had to go buy a couple of thin open ended wrenches for the adjuster bolt & locknut.

Harley Davidson does not even carry chain parts anymore ~ all of their rides are belt driven now •

8037CB7B-5C3B-4BA8-A55D-D9E964832F50.jpeg

Back