New RAM Mount and Garmin GPS PICS!!

Jrod86

Registered
Hello everyone!! so my RAM mount came in today, and let me just say this. It's a nice mount, but damn the rubber is very tough (was for me) to cut. I used a very sharp knife, but was still difficult. Anyways It works well enough. I can't say is the best thing ever but it works. just my .02 so without further adue here are the pics. Now just waiting to get my 3BR charger! :beerchug:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Be very careful of that RAM Mount. I used the same mount for a ContourROAM camera. While riding on the freeway, the ball part of the mount broke off and the camera was lost. I was surprised to find out that the ball mount is made of cast aluminum and not very strong at all. RAM also would not respond to emails to replace it. I only had it 3 months before it broke. I'm not saying yours will break but just to keep an eye on it.

8,000 miles on my Ram mount with no issues..

FWIW I switched out the stem mount and made a mount that went all the way through the steering stem. I couldn't stand how the stem mount could rotate no matter how tight you cranked it.. :banghead:

I know what you guys mean. Mine does till move forward a bit. and only major issue is that the holster i ordered for the garmin. . The back part screws on wit 2 screws and has a ball attached to it. I started seeing shavings on my screwdriver I was tightening it so much. It came loose after 20 minutes and I wasn't doing anything but installing it on the bike. When the weather warms ups i'll put it through its paces. I hope it does hold up. Only time will tell. Only other gripe is the fact I can't tighten it after I have it pushed down in the stem. Oh well givin that I bought the Garmin holder and Ram mount and smaller arm for around 60 bucks I'd buy it again. Makes the GPS easy to access. I just feel they could have made it a little better thats all

8,000 miles on my Ram mount with no issues..

FWIW I switched out the stem mount and made a mount that went all the way through the steering stem. I couldn't stand how the stem mount could rotate no matter how tight you cranked it.. :banghead:

This is the way I mounted mine. 30k miles, 2 wrecks and it's still holding strong.:thumbsup:

Be very careful of that RAM Mount. I used the same mount for a ContourROAM camera. While riding on the freeway, the ball part of the mount broke off and the camera was lost. I was surprised to find out that the ball mount is made of cast aluminum and not very strong at all. RAM also would not respond to emails to replace it. I only had it 3 months before it broke. I'm not saying yours will break but just to keep an eye on it.

Same thing happened to me, after the second ride. The ball mount broke at the base. Appeared to be a bad casting. Called RAM, sent pictures, and they replaced it. I have used the second one for 1 year now, but I still keep an eye on it.

brpo love that first pic! where is that it looks beautiful. Wish I had some roads down here that looked like that. Most of our roads are filled with potholes :laugh: :beerchug:

I found GPSCity.com to have an excellent replacement service. Cracked my gps holder and emailed them a picture of the RAM mount for my Garmin and they replace it for the cost of shipping. Highly recommend them.

brpo love that first pic! where is that it looks beautiful. Wish I had some roads down here that looked like that. Most of our roads are filled with potholes :laugh: :beerchug:

Thank you - Varina - Enon Bridge over James River just south of Richmond, Va.

I use the ram stem mount as well and I have the iPhone 5 in an otterbox .so I purchased a spare holster clip and took the clip off and that's what I use as my cradle . The otterbox holster locks in so my phone don't pop out !!

Back