New pro stock record

karnage

Registered
Just saw a new record for pro stock is on a harley 6.72 at 198mph.I dont understand how he has a faster et but less mph. Schnitz did 6.90 at 203 mph.Andrew Hines.

not unusual,as for the record if you read the nhra rule book and see what hd is allowed to run over the japp bikes you would not be impressed.

I am not being that Ryan was on a stock width rear tire and no wheelie bars and pulled a faster speed.Still dont understand how he had a quicker et but Ryan had a faster speed thru the traps.

New record on the harley that has not one harley part you nor I could buy:rulez:and dragracing is all up the 60ft.prostock bike with 11 in slick and wheely bar will 60ft in the 1.0 range,where the prostreet guys in the 1.2 range.every tenth quicker in 60 is close to 2 tenths in the 1/4.i had a suzuki dragbike a few yrs ago.ran ran 9.2@142 with a 1.32 60 ft.just ran 10.08@142 on my busa a few weeks back with 1.75 60 ft.make sense.

He got there faster so he had less time to build top end speed.
I think?

Did stay at holiday inn last night though.

Some of it is because the pro stock bikes are all motor. If you look at the pro street turbo bikes they mph higher than the nitrous bikes do so it varies on the setup

Just saw a new record for pro stock is on a harley 6.72 at 198mph.I dont understand how he has a faster et but less mph. Schnitz did 6.90 at 203 mph.Andrew Hines.

Many are confused by the difference of fast and quick.

When I bracket race my SWB GENII I take off in C mode then switch into A mode during the shift into 2nd gear. What this gives me is an ET around 7.30's @ 112 MPH...
OK remember them numbers.. Now I am racing a 1977 KZ1000 with a stretched swingarm and a sticky drag tire. He can run 6.90's also but his MPH is only 98 MPH..

The difference is.... He is jumping out off the line much faster then me, but my engine is producing more HP which gives me the MPH....

in dragracing MPH is HP!!!

Pro Stock motorcycles are 60' ing some where in 1.0 range compared to Ryans non wheelie bar monster motors 60' around 1.2

IN drag racing engine HP, makes MPH and the chassis makes ET.

Just saw a new record for pro stock is on a harley 6.72 at 198mph. I dont understand how he has a faster et but less mph. Schnitz did 6.90 at 203 mph.Andrew Hines.
he's not faster. he's quicker. reaction time, 60 ft, 330 or wtevr are better.

its who gets there quicker not faster. its not like LSR racing. apples to oranges I know but LSR is about MPH.

and yea them Harleys are moping up the class. they are hauling ass and very consistant. a couple years back they made them put on like an extra 20 lbs. to compete. they definately are making a name for themselves in the pro stock world.

it wont be long before you see a new HD competing against a Busa or ZX-14. that would be a huge market for them.

In drag racing, MPH = horsepower.

Watch some of the super classes (Super Comp & Super Gas specifically), they run 8.90 and 9.90 respectively, but at big MPH. Take Mike Ferderer's Super Gas car, 9.90 @ 170+ MPH. That is some BIG horsepower. Schnitz goes a slower ET but can go faster MPH because of his big horsepower.

The Harley's have it. Adding 10 lbs. to them is a joke, they have a tenth on the field and they have yet to show what is really in their hand.

I got it now.Never could understand the ets 60ft times etc.1.0 to a 1.2 isnt bad though being he has a stock width tire and no wheelie bars.

Back