New Plate Setup!

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Old setup was passenger peg mount with plate running North and South. I personally hated the look and I had caught myself on it more than once. Was a pain for the wife to get on too.

New setup:
uE0F5n2.jpg

Took the hotbodies undertail off for now as I didn't have time to drill, but I found a couple holes in the factory undertail to mount thru. I am happy with the placement and how it looks. Def streamlines the back back down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hated stock too, so my ex fabricated a tag mount...had it for 12 or more years now, no issues, no complaints...

20170930_164015.jpg

See, that's not as bad as my passenger peg mount was. At least yours is tucked and not hanging out like a dog out a car window

See, that's not as bad as my passenger peg mount was. At least yours is tucked and not hanging out like a dog out a car window

I installed a Mototeck undertail, so there wasn't anything to mount a plate to after that mod...the stock setup could use help on both Gens, IMHO

yea was never a fan of the side setup. always associated them with Harley's and Victory's and their hard for the police to see unless ur on the side where its mounted

y
Hated stock too,
so my ex fabricated a tag mount . . .

Had it for 12 or more years now,
no issues, no complaints . . .

View attachment 1576839

Was never a fan of the side setup .

Always associated them with Harley's and Victory's
and their hard for the police to see unless you are on the side where it is mounted .

Don't be surprised if your sideways plate gets you a fix it ticket ~ their new technology can only read the plates horizontally . . .

I run mine a lot like Vabusa. I got a written warning for it and it was the only thing I got pulled over for also. Here in Iowa it has to be sideways AND 12 inches off the ground. The cop was nice enough to print the law off for me. I changed it for a few weeks till I moved and don’t drive through that town anymore.

I'm not worried; had it for 12 years now, had a cop ride my Busa, never had issues, have had state & local police behind me, never been pulled for it, and I've asked my local Ducati shop if they'd pass it (they do bike inspections and I know the car shops that are actually passing it likely don't know what they're doing) - Duc shop says it's about 50/50, but they likely would pass it and have on other bikes...it essentially depends on whomever is doing the inspection I guess.

If I ever get pulled for it, I'll address it then. I was just pulled out of state and not a word was said about the plate mount.

Back