New pics on my gallery page

Very nice; nice camera too..
You should be riding.
Can,t ride here because its snowing, can,t snowmobile because not enough snow...caught in the middle.

Question for you?
Is your frame chromed or the you polish the hell out of it?
If you polished it tell me how you did it...looks like something my busa needs while its snowing...

same question as stu but also your canisters they look stock...are they? if so how did u polish them? and what did you use on your rear fender the cut looks GREAT!! ( Dremel?) if so what bits?

Frame, stock cans, rearsets, partial swing arm have all been polished. You can see some process pics on my news page here:

http://www.pacinfo.com/~martinm2/HayabusaOurs.html

Just scroll down.
I generally did the:

Sand 80,120,220,400 grit or use Easy off to remove clear coat first.
Polish using a hard back 6" buffing wheel with Eagle One polish, over and over.
LOTS of time

I also used a dremel to work in the tight spots especially for the rearsets.

Cut the fender with a utility knife and sanded.

Hope this helps,
Martin

Thanks,
I normally just put a coat of regular car wax on it. Every month or so, I just do a quick 30 minute hand-wrag polish to bring things back to the original shine. I even ride year-round in the dirty rain, nothing a little polish wont take care of...actually my chain lube is a bigger pain to clean-up than anything.

Im not sure if you know this...I didnt..a buddy of mine just got a ZX9 and he says Honda makes a spray on cleaner that cleans up chain lube GREAT. I havent tried it yet but its worth looking into. Your bike is a work of art. I love the look....Mine is red/grey also....once again youve done an excellent job on yours it lets me see ive gotta get of my *** and get to work on mine. great pics....James

Martin... Philo likes your bike... very nice work. He has a small suggestion... after looking at the first picture... this may look good... get some red autimotive touch-up paint... and paint the raised letters of the Tokiko brakes red... very easy to do... lasts a long time and adds just the right accent. Philo did this to his bike and it makes all the difference.

Easiest way to clean up chain lube or anything else is to use Brake Cleaner!(very easy)

Martin, you look like your ready for a Polished Triple Clamp & Gen-Mar Risers!
(btw, you can polish your stock triple clamp also)

Can't see if you've done your engine covers yet?(those are REAL easy to do!)

It will take 5min to polish those Clutch & Brake levers.

I'm working on a red/sil Busa just like the blue one I sent you a pic of right now. It will look a lot like mine when it's finished. :)

Your Busa looks Great!....but a set of chrome stock wheels would really set it off!!
(spend the money, you wont be sorry!)

Right now, Martin has the best looking Busa I've seen...can anybody beat it?

Back