New pics from today...

Like the pics, but as a new member wanted to find out which of the Zaino products you were using and if the group thinks Zaino is the best?  I just bought my '03 Busa about 2 months ago and want to keep it looking showroom sharp.  Traveled across country with it and a Kat 750 on a trailer and need to get them both cleaned up.  Thanks for the input!
BigBS,

Zaino is absolutely the best paint treatment I've ever used. I wouldn't use anything else. Nothing I've ever used lasts as long or shines as good as Zaino. It takes a bit more effort than the aerosol can bike detailer products but the end results is well worth it. There's no way the spray detailers and regular waxes can do what Zaino does.

I use Zaino Z2 polish mixed with the ZFX additive on my busa to keep it in better than showroom condition. It wasn't this clean brand spankin' new. :cool:

BulletTrain -

Thanks for the input. From all the pictures it looks like it works very well. I will be ordering some tonight, I think. Can't have a machine like this looking bad!

Yeah, after you get it hit me up with a PM. I can give ya a few cool tips that'll get ya the best results with the least effort with Zaino. The trick is in how you apply it. Makes a world of difference. Let me know if you have any questions about how to use it once you get it. I'd be glad to help you out. :cool:

Will do. Anything to get mine looking half as good as yours.

Got it. Ordering the Zaino now. When I went to the website it recommended using Dawn for at least the first wash. Did you do this? And if so, did it help?

Yep, washin' with Dawn removes all the oils and road grime very effectively, giving you a squeaky clean start for yer first coat of polish. I'd defintely hit it with Dawn first since it's seen cross country road grime already. ;)

Okay, what about towels? Did you order them from Zaino or just use some house towels?

I use only Cannon or Fieldcrest 100% cotton, made in the USA towels on my paint. I usually get them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I have never ordered towels from Zaino. Just be sure that the towels you use are Made in USA. If they are "Egyptian Cotton" or some such, they are not 100% cotton. No regulations there to make them back up their claims of bein' 100% cotton. Usually a blend of something else in there that will scratch if they're not Made in USA. Just a tip I learned over the years detailin' my toys.  ;)

Also, be sure to cut the bindings, edges and any designs off of yer towels or make sure they don't touch the paint. Those parts are sometimes stitched with polyester thread and can scratch paint. I usually just trim my towels to do away with any borders or designs so I don't have to worry about them. :cool:

If yer gettin' ZFX you don't need Z1. With ZFX additive in it, Z2 doesn't need a base of Z1. Skip the Z1 and try something else if you wanna spend that money. ;)

It's great for removin' paint contamination such as water deposits, industrial fallout, etc... Leaves the paint super slick and contaminant free. It removes stuff that even Dawn won't touch. Makes yer polish go on/come off easier and makes the polish seem to last longer. It's worth the time and effort if you wanna do it.

Yep. It's on my busa sidewalls in the shots above. Gives a good clean black look without too much gloss and doesn't stay greasy and suck up dust like some others.

Well Bullet, I just orderd my draino,,,I mean Zaino.....lol.... Just hope I can get my 03' silver/grey to look as good as yours! I'll let you know when I'm about to use it.

Thanks for the tip
marcus

Back