New Pads, New Rotors, New braided lines... oh my!

Mr Droo

Registered
I received my new braided lines a few days ago and installed them as soon as humanly possible (much improved feel). I wanted to install them before the new rotors and pads to see if I could tell a difference. I'm sure I will, because my OEM rotors are warped and the vibration during braking is seriously annoying and probably dangerous. Gregor picked up some EBC Double-H pads for me last Saturday as I was waiting for my 'Kong rotors to arrive. Well, I went home today at lunch time to eat leftovers and was playing some Black Ops when a knock came at the door. A DHL carrier? ...bbuuuttt, you're not supposed to be here until September 5th to September 10th? Ah heck, I'll take the darn package.

ROTORS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Weeeee hoooooo!

So, can anyone guess what I'll be doing after work at 4:00 p.m.?

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

Nope... laundry, then tinkering. We'll see about a "ride", but most likely a ride around town to make sure nothing falls off and that I can stop without vibration.

I have new lines and pads from pashnit that im trying to decide on when to do the install. I could do it over labor day weekend. Just my luck I break something and wont be ready for our ride on the 11th. I may just wait til after.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rotors look Sweeet! Put em on...so we can see some PICS! :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Look great, I bought some braided lines from Pashnit a couple months ago, but never have time to install them. I will probably do them over Christmas or something.

I took a spin last night for approximately half an hour. I used my back brake until I could get on the highway. Once there, I dragged "oh so lightly" for two seconds and let off. Then, I braked 60mph to 20 mph six times. I rode another 10 miles without using the front brakes. Got off an exit and re-entered the highway... then another 60mph to 20 mph six times. I rode the rest of the way home without using the front brakes. When I parked, I touched the rotors with the back of my hand and they were warm, but not "hot" by any means.

No more vibration..... Jeebus, I can't explain how awesome it feels to not have vibration every time I hit the brakes. Additionally, no more clicking at low speeds when the brakes aren't applied. I do hear a whiiirrrring as others have noted. It doesn't bother me in the least.

BTW, it's awesome knowing I can wrench on my own bike and not jack it up royally. Each time I replace or upgrade my bike on my own, it just builds confidence. In my parking garage, there appears to be several individuals that believe I live in there. A few bikers in there have asked me to work on THEIR bikes, maintaining they're either unwilling or unaware of how to change their oil, adjust/clean the chain, or adjust throttle cables. :learn: I can verify at this time that all the bikes in the parking garage have clean chains and clean oil. :thumbs: I can't even imagine not being able to do those simple tasks. When I don't know how to do something, I research online and ask questions. Most of the time, I can logically finger it out, but research has saved me headaches in finding tricks to do certain things (front axle DIY tool and rotor bolts anyone?)

I'd like to become like some of 'yall that have the knowledge to share with others about fixing everything on these bikes. It makes me chuckle when someone has a problem and members will effectively "page" certain members that are known to know about that particular problem. I guess it just takes time and the patience to learn.

looks good drew...now i need to fix my problem...bad day yesterday for the bike

Remember the loctite and torque wrench!

Very important on rotor bolts! :thumbsup:

you can add thread lock any time but as said by tufbusa it should be used as you dont want them loosening!!

you can remove each bolt in turn add the blue thread lock and re torque:thumbsup:

the hiss is just ebc pads so normal

hope the disc's serve you well as there cheaper than quality items and have mixed reviews over here in the uk

i fitted similar to my 12r and did the nissin six pots plus a brembo mc and lines big improvement

DSC03146.jpg

Back