New owner

brew

Registered
Well gentlemen, I finally did it after a long time of saving a up cash and trading in my F4( which was a good bike )  I bought a 2001 busa.  I can't wait to ride it, I should have it in a few days.  Any words of wisdom?

Anyway a lot of your messages and postings helped me to reach my decision.
 THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Brew

devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif

I made the jump from my F3 to the Busa. The power increase is incredible. So just take it slow and get used to it. Have fun (it's one hell of a ride).

Congrats on the new purchase!

I know the feeling, as my Hay-bus is only 10 days old, with about 160 miles on it.

Everyone will tell you the same thing: Go easy with it at first. The power is an obvious reason, the tires are a less obvious reason. It's probably wise to give the tires some time to scuff up and seat well to the rims before doing any open-warfare thrashing, because the loads that this machine generate are incredible.

Like Ninja Eater always says: "Be safe".
smile.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I made the leap from a F1 CBR Hurricane - WOW what a jump! Bigger , heavier, the wonderful deeper rumble when I first started her up ... and the power, I HAVE THE POWER!
sorry got carried away. Have fun take it slow at first.
thumbs-up.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

smile.gif
me too ! Just traded my 2002 VFR VTEC for a 'Busa. Dealer here in the UK has got a red/silver one, which he says is a 2001 model, but I don't think Suzuki GB brought any in last year, so it'll be a 2000 model. Still, it's brand new, on a new plate, and full power version. Collecting it on Tuesday, which is killing me ! Still, only 36 hrs, 11 minutes to go. ! Yahoooooo  
devil.gif

sleepy.gif
Yes, be careful. Take it to some twisties slowly at first and get the feel for the bike, how it handles, accelerates out of the corners, brakes into the corners etc. Then find a straightaway, (a long one) and roll on the throttle and check out the power. Oh and hang on. Seriously.

My advice:
1. Go easy on the throttle, the power of this thing is like nothing you've ever imagined

2. Watch the curves and corners -the turning radius is larger than some of the smaller bikes

3. Watch the speedometer-this bikes will get you a ticket in a heartbeat, you'll always feel like you going a lot slower than you really are its that smooth---- just read the tickets tickets discussion

Finally, the 3 R's, Ride it, Respect it, and Revel in its Glory

Back