new owner

briXXer

Registered
well i went and added a 02 busa to my stable with my 96 gsxr1100.. i havent got it yet but will have it about the 13th.. cant fugggin wait! i got a lot of reading to do thru all these forums to learn more about it. since it did replace the 1100 only seemed right to go with it. i got it with 7800 miles on it for $7325 woohoo! sooo the excess money i have left over will be spent on slip ons.. but the question is which ones sound the best??? yosh would be convinient for me i can get them right from them down the street.. but what about muzzy, kerker, two brothers, or maybe hindle?

Welcome Brixxer,

My .02? Yoshimura, Akropovich, Micron...

Welcome to the board buddy!

I am planning on getting the yoshi 4-2-1 and installing it over Winter. Some here will suggest D&D too, but they are LOUD.

-Rip

I'm content with my Microns, nice growl without being overbearing..if you get a chance give em a listen

Welcome to the board. I have Yosh RS3 race slipons and love the sound.

Welcome to the board brixxer.
I use the D&D bolt-ons.......but they are loud.....If ya don't like loud go with something else.
I'm taking mine off soon to install the BDE Gen3 system.....want more power.

Welcome to the board and congrats on the new bike. As far as exhaust, I have a Yosh 4-2-1 oval system. It is a great sound on the bike and a hell of a lot lighter.

well being in cali DnD are out.. i do want a carbon fiber can and maybe the titanium pipes. but i guess its kind of gonna be luck of the draw when i decide.. im thinkin its a toss up between the yosh (but then which set up from yosh.. damn this aint easy), or the kerkers.. and the thought process continues!!

Not too much said about the Akro's -r- they good? I'm also in the same boat, don't know what to get. My 03 busa only has 750 miles on it and I hate the sewing machine sound! How's the Akro's?

Not too much said about the Akro's -r- they good? I'm also in the same boat, don't know what to get. My 03 busa only has 750 miles on it and I hate the sewing machine sound! How's the Akro's?
I changed my mind and ordered the Akra Ti Evos. I should have them in a week and installed shortly thereafter. I have already recorded all of my stock engine sounds... And, as soon as they are installed, I will record the new ones.

Also, I am getting a dyno afterwards to show HP difference. I will weigh both systems too and give you guys the full scoop.

I have read and heard AWESOME things about the Akrapovics... I will report truthfully if the rumors are true.

Until then... Peace out bros.

Yes we all would like to hear the results. I'm really curious to know the outcome. I wish I could help you in this research...I got the full titanium Tri-Oval(dual tipped). But I'm doing alot of changes to the bike and no telling what in the hell I'm really getting from my exhaust horsepower wise.

I see PC2/Teka being a factor as well...normally people change the settings of the computer to work better with the exhaust. But what if one person is better than the next in tuning and can pull a few extra HP?? How can you test these with the least amount of variables?

Back