New Owner

KptHowdY

Registered
Hey, Just giving a little intro. Just bought a Used 2017 white busa with 163 miles for 11k at dealer (had to drive 2 hours to another state to get her), been wanting one since every bike I ride just feels "weak" so I thought I like comfort....check..i like power..check...I hate kawasaki since a zx7 dropped a valve at 80 mph with a 3k mileage engine and my 600 can-o-tuna was reliable as all get out. Ive owned a kawasaki 550 ltd, 750 nighthawk, 600 katana,1200 sportster,zx7 ninja,88ci dynaglide. I started on a 50cc (neighbors), wrecked in deep gravel burnt leg on muffler, moved to a 75ish honda (neighbors) until i bought my first bike which was the ltd in 1990..I was a infantry soldier at Fort Polk...wrecked that one too when a lady in a big dualie pulled into the middle turn lane, then changed her mind just as I was into the throttle to go by her...Swerved and I missed her but the bike clipped that fat tub of a fender flare. That helped me get my head screwed on straight. Since then everything has been roses but it seems every bike i've owned is weak specially 2 up riding...so I went for the throat...No more of that " I wish I had bought a....." No sir...So now it's cold as a well digger's butt, busa's in the garage gotta hook up the 'tender and wait for spring so i can be a C moder for a while 'cause from what tiny bit of riding I did yesterday at 34 degrees tells me this thing is a mother Effer of a Beast. Been browsing around until the papers were signed and now I'm joined! P.S. Gotta figure a best way to make this thing a little louder, not obnoxious but this thing is a "rocket scooter" sounds like a moped and I'm a loud pipes save lives kinda guy.

6125CFEA-81A8-40F0-8647-D0A20AFC60F1.jpeg
Here ya go, the ride, my old ladies stang and my stang a peek in the trunk!

B2189FAE-94DD-4F9B-9D1F-46CD2EA5F802.jpeg

253B92F0-1AC1-4B29-814C-A4DBF274BF10.jpeg

32C9B192-026D-413D-A000-AEBB1EFBC5EC.jpeg

72A2889C-A9B9-45C4-9BBD-3AA867963D30.jpeg

Welcome to the oRg.!! Nice looking Busa!! 163 miles; sounds like someone brought that back pretty fast! I bought a used 600 Katana once that only had 48 miles, from the dealership. It had already been laid down, but wasn't too bad, the can got most of the damage.

Hey mate , like the stangs , the silver looks real clean and neat . Also like the Busa as well , find that new full pipe and fit up a power commander , and lastly welcome . :beerchug:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride. Forget that C mode and just learn the bike in A mode. I would hate to see you riding on C and shutting the bike, then starting it again and forgetting that it automatically defaults back to A and grabbing a handful of throttle. She is a tame girl if you watch your right wrist.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride. Forget that C mode and just learn the bike in A mode. I would hate to see you riding on C and shutting the bike, then starting it again and forgetting that it automatically defaults back to A and grabbing a handful of throttle. She is a tame girl if you watch your right wrist.

Agreed. C mode is for the birds. You have enough riding experience you will be fine. Remember cause and effect. Your wrist has a direct effect on the result :)

Welcome to the oRg. Had a couple of Katanas myself before I found my first Busa. Many exhaust options, if you want just a better sound look into some slip on's.

Welcome to the oRg. Had a couple of Katanas myself before I found my first Busa. Many exhaust options, if you want just a better sound look into some slip on's.

Learn to ride in A mode.
Use your wrist for throttle control.
If you get used to C, or B, then start riding in A, a brain fart of too much twist will get you in trouble fast.
Even in the rain.
Sorry, but cutting power is a useless feature.

You want loud power?
Brocks Alienhead is the way to go.

Welcome to the org.

I used to mod my older bikes for more power but that was because they didn't have enough oomph... At the moment I'm feeling like this thing going to have plenty of power with just a noisy slip on....power wheelie on throttle alone and rolling burnouts...yeah plenty

I'm pretty sure KYbusa likes your color scheme. (I don't know just a guess) :rolleyes:
Welcome to the oRg and enjoy your new beast! :beerchug:

Back