New owner with a few questions...

BGPKR

Registered
I just picked up an 06 Hayabusa. So far, it's everything I thought it would be and this bike is great. I do have a few questions. The bike has a full Yosi exhaust, PC3 and unknown filter. There are a few little details that I didn't like about the bike that I will/have fixed. There were no mirrors, which my state requires by law, no bar ends and the grab bar was missing. All of which has been remedied. I noticed there is a jumper where the clutch safety switch is that allows the bike to be started without the clutch being engaged. When hooking the switch back up, the bike won't start. Does this mean that the switch is bad or possibly it's disconnected because of the PC3? I've read that with this switch being bypassed that the bike is running on the neutral map. Is this the case? And what do/should I do about getting this fixed?

A few pics.

Thanks

Busa2.jpg

Busa.jpg

Wish I had the answer but I don't think the PC3 is the reason for it I could be wrong it just doesn't make sense to me. Someone here will have the answer for you though giv eit another 10 minutes this site is full of very helpful people and tons of information from a lot of experienced folks.

If the connections on the clutch safety wire are jumpered it usually indicates the switch is bad. Costs about $12 for a new switch - easy fix. Congrats and welcome!

More than likely it's the clutch switch, I had the same problem a few months back and had to use a jump wire to start the bike. I later found out it was'nt the switch at all but the after market lever was'nt engaging the switch anymore! I think the lever may have been tweaked by something without my knowledge.

I assume the switch is an easy fix. I don't have to tear the bike apart. :please:
Probably not the levers, since they are the OEM ones. But that was a planned upgrade down the road.

I assume the switch is an easy fix. I don't have to tear the bike apart. :please:
Probably not the levers, since they are the OEM ones. But that was a planned upgrade down the road.

One screw that you have to remove to get it off and replace when you put the new one on. Take you maybe 5 minutes.

A few more questions. My bike has just a hair over 11k miles. Would that be considered "high miles"? Also, with the kick stand down, the bike leans a little more than I thought to be normal. Are these OEM kick stands weak?
Thanks again.

Well I haven't had any problems with my kickstand but it is a little tempermental make sure it's "all" the way down (As experienced when my bike fell on it's side at a gas station) :whistle: it does seem a little weak though and I'm very hesitant to turn my busa on it just in case.

:welcome:

What would be considered high miliage? Honestly, when you actually NEED to replace the engine! There are members that have over 40K on an '08. I have 20K on an '01 that I just purchased in March (13K when I purchased)

Kickstand issue-- Take a look in the mods section at the kickstand mod. If your bike is leaning like those you will be just fine. IMO you would want a slight bit more lean than stock. It will help keep your baby up off the ground.

Congrats on your purchase!!!

Told ya this site is full of great answers and very helpful people can't believe I didn't find this place till now. :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the .oRg!

As those before me have stated with the jumpered switch, start small and replace the switch.

Kickstand looks stock and lean looks normal from the pics provided. I've not experienced it myself but they say she likes to laydown without warning. Never park the bike with the front facing downhill, even the slightest grade could cause disaster.

11K on an '06 just means that the previous owner rode it from time to time. My bike is approaching 11K and I'm the second owner, put 2K on it since January mostly riding 10 miles a day back and forth to work.

Now gear up and go ride!

Last edited:
:welcome: to the oRg. Put over 36K on an '06 and it ran great. Might want to check the plugs.

Back