New Owner - Same Old Story

Scooter

Registered
I'm sure none of this will surprise any of you old timers, but I haven't even picked up my '05 LE yet, and I've already spent a fortune in "stuff".

First was a new Alpinestars Jacket (can't wear a Buell logo'ed Vanson jacket on a Suzuki).

Next was a gel seat (dealer talked me into that one).

Then I ordered a Sport Tech V windscreen (like the looks).

Last is a new set of carbon Yoshi's (ouch!).

Say, why does everyone call it "modding" the bike? Maybe I'm old, but we always called it "customizing".

Anyway, I pick up the new ride tomorrow. Can't even sleep!

Oh, and I plan to keep the reflectors - HAHAHA!!!
(not the stickers)

"Modding" comes from the Latin word "modifications" meaning to change something! Oh, someone stop me!
laugh.gif
Besides, cruiser and chopper riders "customize" their bikes. Us sportbike riders "mod"! Class dismissed!
laugh.gif
Nice list of mods, but I would have waited to get a set of Tobins instead of the gel seat. Glad you're finally picking her up! Post up pics when you get a chance.

laugh.gif

"Modding" comes from the Latin word "modifications" meaning to change something! Oh, someone stop me!
laugh.gif
Besides, cruiser and chopper riders "customize" their bikes.  Us sportbike riders "mod"!  Class dismissed!
laugh.gif
 Nice list of mods, but I would have waited to get a set of Tobins instead of the gel seat.  Glad you're finally picking her up!  Post up pics when you get a chance.
Professor BigBSBusa...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well, I've spent the last 20 years riding Harleys and Buells. "Customizing" fit in those circles.

Of course, I have a lot to learn - thanks Professor BigBSBusa!!
tounge.gif

congrats and welcome to the family.
Hehe... customize...
tounge.gif

Like BSBusa said, customize is for cruisers/choppers, modify is for sportbikes
wink.gif

Oops... sorry, how silly of me not to welcome you earlier. Sorry.

Welcome to the board bro. Congrats on your new bike
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
Besides, cruiser and chopper riders "customize" their bikes.  Us sportbike riders "mod"!  Class dismissed!
laugh.gif
 Nice list of mods, but I would have waited to get a set of Tobins instead of the gel seat.  Glad you're finally picking her up!  Post up pics when you get a chance.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wife and mother-in-law went to finance my 05 black/gray busa today -- dealership did not have one so I had to drop $200 more and get the LE (I have been trying to talk the wife into that for 2 months.) One look and she was sold. Well I get it on the 28th -- 2 long weeks. I'll post pics on the 29th.

Congrats and welcome to the board. Modding is an addicting thing that you will never want to stop doing to the Busa. It is almost a never ending list of things that can be done.

I'm sure none of this will surprise any of you old timers, but I haven't even picked up my '05 LE yet, and I've already spent a fortune in "stuff".  

Oh, and I plan to keep the reflectors - HAHAHA!!!
(not the stickers)
It's perfectly normal, we've all done it.

And yes, I still have my reflectors too (hee hee!)

Welcome to the addiction.

Back