New owner question :)

Hayabusa4me

Registered
Greetings from Wisconsin,

I just picked up my 2004 Hayabusa.

Black and Purple, 3000 miles. Twin Muzzy Titanium Slip-on's. PC3. and TRE. Bike is absolutely beautiful and does not have a scratch on it. The gentleman I bought it from was very honest and it makes you appreciate those type of people that are still left out in this crazy world today. He let it go for 6k which I thought was very fair, and included all original parts, front and rear pit bull stands, and cover.

I promise I will provide pictures when I get home from work.

My question to you experts is what oil seems to be the most commonly used?
I would like to change it and thoght I would consult with the org.

Thanks to all who respond. :thumbsup:

:welcome: Since you already know :rulez: about pics i will spare the usual picture less greeting :laugh: I am the wrong one to ask i just started using motorcycle oil instead of car oil a little while ago.. and i can at least tell you yes there is a difference you will feel it.. as to weight an brand of synthetic you will be receiving a lot of different opinions

:welcome: Since you already know :rulez: about pics i will spare the usual picture less greeting :laugh: I am the wrong one to ask i just started using motorcycle oil instead of car oil a little while ago.. and i can at least tell you yes there is a difference you will feel it.. as to weight an brand of synthetic you will be receiving a lot of different opinions

Black and Purple may not be the fastest color according to the .oRg but it is the sexiest! Haha!!

I got mine for 6500 a few months back so you got a steal!

:welcome: and congrats! We'll be watching for those pics.

As for your question, well, IMHO, there's no real consensus. Ask 100 other members and you'll get 100 other answers. Some run full syntetics and some won't stray from Suzuki's stock spec and some will change it up depending on what month it is when the do they oil change.

The one thing on which we all seem to agree is that you DO NOT want to use any oil designed for cars as the additives in many car formulas will cause issues with the clutch in most bikes.

For the record, I used Motul 3000 10w40 along with a HIFLO HF138 filter at last change.

Once again, :welcome: and best of luck!

:welcome:and congratulations:beerchug:

I use AMSOIL in my O5. I have 37,800 miles and it has never used a drop between changes. I change it every 3,500 miles.

The same is true for my other four too:)

rotellat.jpg

I have the 04 Blk&Purple, Have been using Castrol Acteveo 10-40 and Fram filter PH60-18 , Since first oil change from dealer.:thumbsup:

Black and Purple may not be the fastest color according to the .oRg but it is the sexiest! Haha!!

I got mine for 6500 a few months back so you got a steal!

Anything black comes under the category of fastest. The '07 and '09 are the only solid blacks so to speak I know of. :thumbsup:

Back