New owner needs relief!

Buckaroo

Registered
I’m finding my new to me 08 Busa is somewhat uncomfortable. Can Helibars be easily installed without mods (longer cables etc)?

Also what is the best peg lowering source available? Thanks everyone!

9E44D450-1046-421D-A437-C96D8E894232.jpeg

You can put Helibars or risers on pretty easily. I would say risers are a little easier. I have the Knight Design 1 inch drop pegs on mine. Kind of expensive but good.

How much bar rise can you go without having to mess with cables? Thanks

I put the Heli bars on (no risers). Not bad to install but you do have to remove a few more items. That change alone will move them both up and towards you, plus I thing they are slightly longer so you get a lot of changes with that one change. As the previous poster said, you might just need time to adjust as well.

@c10 has this set up and it does very well for him. I will be probably going with this in the future as well.

ABM top clamp with LSL handle bar in a kit from Spigler.
Kit is about 550 usd.

Search Engine is your friend. This question has been asked before:

Everything you ever wanted to know about Helibar/Genmar/GenII

The DEFINITIVE ANSWER on K8, Genmar Riser and Helibar | Gen II Busa Information

Bottom line, the 3/4 riser with Helibar fits, but anything more than that will require new lines and cause problems with your screen. Made a BIG difference in my riding comfort until I had a little time for my body to adjust. In June i rode a stock GENII for 4 days pretty straight and could handle it.

NO MATTER WHAT: You need to make sure your front forks can FULLY extend, at lock to lock, without the brake lines getting jammed. The only way to do that is lift the front off the ground and/or hang it.

I'm also using Knight Design pegs 1in and love them. 1in is just right where you can still lean the bike pretty good. I agree with the others, get used to it and go ride! I'm used to mine now also, I was so uncomfortable at first. Now it feels natural and thats coming from someone who ride cruisers.

Back